Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 2/17/2006 8:54:24 AM EDT

My dad has owned this for over 20 years. Yesterday out of boredom I did some research and found out alot of information reguarding its worth. But Id like to know if anyone on this forum has a good knowledge of the history on these pistols. There worth about $1500-$5000 from what Ive seen on gun auction sites. What kind of people would pay this much for a pistol? Will these type of people be around 20 years from now? What do you think the worth would be if I restored it and let it sit? I know nothing about antique guns.

Yes, Ive heard of google, but Id rather have knowledge from creditble sources here.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

What kind of people would pay this much for a pistol?

Those who have the $$$ & like Colts.

Will these type of people be around 20 years from now?

Yes. Will you???????    

What do you think the worth would be if I restored it

About $300-500. Restoration ruins a guns value, sir.

and let it sit?

Wipe it down with oil, including the bore. Don't let it sit & do nothing to preserve it.

I know nothing about antique guns.

Once a gun has been changed, i.e. refinished, it's value is ruined.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top