Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 2/16/2006 3:40:15 PM EDT
I posted this on the 1911 forum too.....

Well I went ahead and decided to pick up a new Colt 1911 Model 01070XSE 5inch in all stainless steel. It is totally stock except the Hogue stocks and the Wilson mag I picked up for it. Its not fancy by any means and I got it mainly as another carry gun so was not looking for a uber expensive tricked out Colt.

I am by no means new to 1911s having owned Kimbers, Springfields, etc. I dont like the standard production Kimbers much but do like the custom shop stuff, Springfields were pretty good to me as well. I always wanted a Colt but not as a collector. I wanted one to carry. I heard the new stuff sucks and if the Colt isnt a Series 70 then its crap. That seems kinda harsh. I am sure there are differences but while its not a Les Baer or Ed Brown....its pretty nice to me. And again its made to get used and carried a lot! It is not to be a show piece or safe queen. :)

I bought it brand new at a local shop today. I have a couple of questions...any recommendations on replacing the guide spring? I was thinking a Wolf but not sure what to use.

How is Colt's customer service and warranty. I got the warranty card to send in. Is that a must or does Colt even care? I have heard some good and bad about Colt's service.

Overall I am happy with it...tho have not shot it yet so hope it goes well! I will post an update when I go to the range...hopefully this weekend!

Anyway. opinions appreciated! Thanks!
JP
DFW, TX

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:38:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:55:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats one great looking pistol.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice looking Pony.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:13:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I heard the new stuff sucks and if the Colt isnt a Series 70 then its crap.

Well, I hope this one I bought two days ago isn't crap.

BTW, nice gun, JP! I have a stainless on order for carry too.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:35:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I heard the new stuff sucks and if the Colt isnt a Series 70 then its crap.

Well, I hope this one I bought two days ago isn't crap.

If they are just send them to me. I love Colt's that are "crap".
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:35:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I posted this on the 1911 forum too.....

Well I went ahead and decided to pick up a new Colt 1911 Model 01070XSE 5inch in all stainless steel. It is totally stock except the Hogue stocks and the Wilson mag I picked up for it. Its not fancy by any means and I got it mainly as another carry gun so was not looking for a uber expensive tricked out Colt.

I am by no means new to 1911s having owned Kimbers, Springfields, etc. I dont like the standard production Kimbers much but do like the custom shop stuff, Springfields were pretty good to me as well. I always wanted a Colt but not as a collector. I wanted one to carry. I heard the new stuff sucks and if the Colt isnt a Series 70 then its crap. That seems kinda harsh. I am sure there are differences but while its not a Les Baer or Ed Brown....its pretty nice to me. And again its made to get used and carried a lot! It is not to be a show piece or safe queen. :)

I bought it brand new at a local shop today. I have a couple of questions...any recommendations on replacing the guide spring? I was thinking a Wolf but not sure what to use.

How is Colt's customer service and warranty. I got the warranty card to send in. Is that a must or does Colt even care? I have heard some good and bad about Colt's service.

Overall I am happy with it...tho have not shot it yet so hope it goes well! I will post an update when I go to the range...hopefully this weekend!

Anyway. opinions appreciated! Thanks!
JP
DFW, TX

i34.photobucket.com/albums/d143/jpa1701/30a7d493.jpg

Thats a great looking colt
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#7]
That's just a viscious rumor started by the wannabes. I wouldn't change a thing. Here's my series 70 repro. and it is a tack driver!http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/hillmillenia/IMG_0165.jpg
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats. That will be my next purchase.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:50:36 AM EDT
[#9]
jpa2161 thats a great looking colt
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:22:15 AM EDT
[#10]
The XSE model is an excellent choice. I have the blued Government Model and the stainless Commander. Love them both, great shooters, reliable as hell.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:58:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice Colt you have there! I have an ORM and NRM 1991 and I love them. Hope to get a NRM 70 one of these days...D
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top