Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 2/7/2006 4:55:17 PM EDT
I aquired a series 70 satin nickle slide from a Gov't model. My intent is to build a pistol for my son
with the end result being the Black-T finish from W Birdsong.
I took the slide in to have the plating stripped and when I picked it up, it appears to be a stainless
steel slide.
To my knowledge Colt never made any S/S guns under the Series 70 design, and if they did why would they nickle a s/s slide.
I know the original owner, this is a early 80's vintage gun anyone have any imput.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:02:53 PM EDT
[#2]
No it wasn't polished, it was stripped in acid then given to me.
I'm comparing it to a s/s 1991 slide and the metal, and the finish are almost identical.
I'm more curious than anything, it is still  gonna get the BLK-T finish. Just thought it was really odd, the second you look at it, you say to yourself; this is not a carbon steel slide, it's s/s.  Thought I would ask if anyone else, ever ran into this, or knows about it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Unfinished steel looks almost stainless. I bet that is whats going on.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes... you could be right, but over the years of replacing target barrels both c/m and s/s, polished or bead blasted, I never questioned this when looking at them, always being able to discern the difference.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top