Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 2/1/2006 12:09:47 PM EDT
Colt has beed trying for over a year now to find these Colts. After all their searches they tell me they have no records. Thought someone might have something. Here is what I have.
1964 Nevada Centennials con. s/n's 2457 and 2458. They are both 45's. What is throwing Colt off is when guns like this were paired up usually one was a 45 and the other was a 22. The guns have never even had the hammer cocked. I picked these up at an auction a year or so ago for $3500. I know they are worth a lot more but I can't find them anywhere. Can anyone give me a lead?

Thanks, Jess
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#1]
can't help you find their origin/history, but damn sure are sweet-lookin shooters!!

wow!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:34:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
can't help you find their origin/history, but damn sure are sweet-lookin shooters!!

wow!

They are fine, you don't know how bad I want to shoot em.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#3]
If Colt can't ID them SOMETHING ain't kosher.

Did you get any paperwork or outer box with info on them like serial number or model numbers?
What does the auctioneer know about them?
In other words is there any provenance about the gun's past.  Where they came from, who had them?

Is it possible you have a "broken" set".
In other words, someone had two sets of guns, put the two .45's in one box, and the two .22's in another, then sold them.

Colt keeps very good records on guns so I'm surprised they can't ID them.
Have you just been talking to them, or have you paid the $100. for the Colt Historical Letter?
When you pay the money, Colt does a FULL search and tells you everything they know about the guns.

Another possible source of info is Cherry's, who are THE non-Colt experts on Commemorative guns:
www.cherrys.com/
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#4]
This is all that's listed in my book.

1964 NEVADA STATEHOOD CENTENNIAL SCOUT  
Grading 100% Issue Price Qty. Made
$450 $75 3,984

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1964 NEVADA STATEHOOD CENTENNIAL SAA .45  
$1,795 $150 1,688

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1964 NEVADA STATEHOOD CENTENNIAL 22/45 COMBO  
$1,895 $240 189

1964 NEVADA ST. CENT. 22/45 COMBO W/EXTRA ENGR. CYLS.  
$1,995 $350 577

1964 NEVADA "BATTLE BORN" SCOUT  
$450 $85 981

1964 NEVADA "BATTLE BORN" SAA .45  
$1,495 $175 80

1964 NEVADA "BATTLE BORN" 22/45 COMBO  
$2,595 $265 20

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:00:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Generally speaking, commerative models don't hold much value over a plain jane verion of the same gun. Commeratives are worth only what someone is willing to pay for them, as you already know, I'm sure.

Might try some SASS guys who really know Colts, maybe a Colt SA collector's association????

My .o2
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Generally speaking, commerative models don't hold much value over a plain jane verion of the same gun. Commeratives are worth only what someone is willing to pay for them, as you already know, I'm sure.

Might try some SASS guys who really know Colts, maybe a Colt SA collector's association????

My .02

I totally agree
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top