BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 10:54:45 PM EDT
My latest gunshop find:

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:03:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet! Are you going to customize this one or leave it fairly stock?

-John
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:39:12 AM EDT
[#2]
You have all the luck.  You always find the good ones.  Great looking gun.  Are you going to cut on it or leave it alone?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:00:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm probably going to customize it.  I really like it stock though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sweet! Two digit, 70 prefix Commander...Combat variety, as in BS for blue steel, correct? I prefer the LWT version, but I would jump on one like this like a starving grasshopper onto a leafy green plant!

I photoshopped the last two digits of the serial number out.  I like the LWTs too, but I'm still wary of their durability.  I know some people who have had many tens of thousands of rounds through them, but I cracked my first one after about 5,000 rounds.  It was used, so who knows what was run through it before me.  

I got this one for $500, so I was pleased.  There's another being sold in Phoenix on another board that is way nicer condition than this for $650.  If I didn't have two 70's Commanders, I would hop on that one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice gun!

I wish I could find a vintage Commander that hasn't been hacked on!hinking.gif
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Nice gun!

I wish I could find a vintage Commander that hasn't been hacked on!

Like I said, there's a nice one locally that is a lot nicer than mine.

Check this out:

www.arizonashooting.com/firearms/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3005

The other side looks nicer.  I asked the guy to send me pics, and though he said there was a very faint takedown scratch, it's almost non existent.  The gun really is 98%, and very nice.  If I didn't have a few, I would be all over it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:14:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Beautiful
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#10]
That is Sweet!!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Too many project, too little time.  The above Commander is pictured with another that's a work in progress.  I'm in the process of checkering the top one's frontstrap.  A refinish and some new grips will complete it.  I have better plans for the stock Commander.  Unfortunately it will have to wait, as I'm working on a friend's way cool Series 70 Govt.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice gun!

I wish I could find a vintage Commander that hasn't been hacked on!

Like I said, there's a nice one locally that is a lot nicer than mine.

Check this out:

www.arizonashooting.com/firearms/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3005

The other side looks nicer.  I asked the guy to send me pics, and though he said there was a very faint takedown scratch, it's almost non existent.  The gun really is 98%, and very nice.  If I didn't have a few, I would be all over it.

Too late for me. I bought a S&W 1911 Sc last Saturday!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#13]
That Commander sure is purty, Hobbs!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:02:52 PM EDT
[#14]
That thing is just begging to get chopped.

Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top