Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 6:35:49 PM EDT
I went shooting with my father this past Sunday down at our friend's gravel pit.  We were standing behind his truck at 100 yards shooting .22's at tin cans, and he mentioned that he was going to shoot the cracked cassarole dish that we had put up (being white and 8 or 9 inches in diameter, it was the most visible target on the berm.).  I told him that I wanted to shoot at that from back there with my pistol (a Delta Gold Cup).  He snickered and said I said "From back here?  I'd like to see that."  "Now?"  "Yeah, sure, now."  

I leaned over the hood to brace the gun and nailed it, close to dead center, with the third shot (It was relatively cheap FMC ammo and I am hardly an experienced pistolero).  In better hands  and loaded with high quality ammo I bet this gun would be capable of rifle-like accuracy within 100 yards on a consistent basis.

Damn, what a great gun.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:30:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Good shooting, now try hitting a two liter soda bottle at 100 yards with a .38 special snubby!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Delta Gold Cup huh?

I love mine!

Danny
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#4]
That's awesome.  I love Deltas.  I did a bunch of mods to one of mine, but I did not checnge the barrel nor even fit a mtach bushing.  When I went to test fire it, it put 8 rounds in one large hole at 25 yards rested.  I was astounded.  I've owned 4 Deltas, and all were accurate with factory barrels and bushings.  Interestingly enough, one of the most accurate rounds I've put through all my guns was made by PMC, which is known to be cheap.  So, when you gonna post a pic of your Delta Gold Cup?
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top