Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 1/15/2015 8:55:26 PM EDT
So Im thinking of trading my HK MR556A1 for a 2.5" Colt Python with original boxes and manual in almost brand new condition made around the 1960's.

The Python is near brand new condition and I would like to shoot it but Im afraid that it will detract the value

Im not too familiar with the Colt Python and I would like your guys advice on whether or not I should do the trade

Its either a Python or Larue Costa Edition
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:00:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you want a shooter or an investment? If a shooter, then buy with that in mind or get one that is less pristine.  If investment, then buy it and put it up.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:53:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Make sure the box and papers are real- there are good fakes out there.  Make sure the gun is original- not refinished.

Ask over on ColtForum, they will help if you provide pictures.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Also make sure that is a original 2.5 inch sine these seem to be on the rare side some people will swap barrels and try to pass them off as original.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#4]
any way I can make sure its original?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Man, every time I read threads like these, I kick myself for selling my pythons back in the late 90s. Never paid more than $700 for one. Op, I would not trade your HK for the Python unless the rifle is just taking up space. If you want to make sure the barrel is original, you can call Colt. They will be able to tell you based on the SN.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top