Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 4/28/2011 7:15:57 PM EDT
I obtained a 1903 Colt Pocket Hammerless, .32 ACP, variant 2 (separate bbl bushing)

this is the gun issued to general officers in the 40's to 60's,  

the finish is Ok but no rust at all.  

what would this gun be worth approximately ?

Here is a pic

its a variant 2, serial # 91xxx, made approx 1910, i did a detailed strip and it was surprisingly very clean inside the gun

my friend had it for 25 years and shot a couple of hundred rds out of it,

i know the finish looks worn but there is no rust - admittedly its not a mint gun but its over 100 yrs old, i am pretty happy with it and the feel in the hand, balance, pointability is pretty awesome

i dont know about carrying this gun in your pocket though, it doesnt seem safe even though its got a grip safety and a regular safety.  i would like to get a holster for it but not sure which holster maker makes one that fits the 1903.  any ideas on that?

i paid 300 for it so thats a good price to me for a fully functional shooter,  btw GB doesnt have but 2-3 of this model for sale at any one time, even though thousands were made, there are not that many for sale out there
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:59:55 AM EDT
[#1]
300 to 500 dollars seems to be the going rate. I see them on gun broker... I wouldnt pay 300 dollars for the condition most those guns are on there. It really depends on the condition yours is. I got my 1908 .380 for 675 locally and its a nice shape they go for 800+ on GB and mine is in way better shape than most of those.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Sir, do you have any pictures you're willing ot share with us? I read your post above that will help most of all thanks... lol
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#3]
In1903 the .32 was the cadillac of the auto Colts and today I see these pulling in between 350 and 500.  The 1906 chambered in .380 has been bringing in much higher numbers.  It seams that you can't pick up a gun magazine these days without a good article on these great little shooters.  Good luck with the new Colt and please send pics so that all can enjoy the beauty and history.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top