Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 1/30/2011 10:43:13 PM EDT
I just picked up a used Colt Magnum Carry revolver at a local pawn shop for $350.00...  Its about 97% to 98% with a set of non-factory rubber grips and the blue plastic factory case.

I do not believe that Colt still makes them and I would say its most likely from the early-mid 90s.

I do not know anything about Colt revolvers, but $350.00 seemed to be a pretty good price for this revolver AND I know I didn't lose any money with it... I'm more of a S&W revolver type of guy.

Thanks for looking!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:32:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Good deal. If you don't want it I'll take it off your hands. Post some pics of your find.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:17:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just picked up a used Colt Magnum Carry revolver at a local pawn shop for $350.00...  Its about 97% to 98% with a set of non-factory rubber grips and the blue plastic factory case.

I do not believe that Colt still makes them and I would say its most likely from the early-mid 90s.

I do not know anything about Colt revolvers, but $350.00 seemed to be a pretty good price for this revolver AND I know I didn't lose any money with it... I'm more of a S&W revolver type of guy.

Thanks for looking!!

I hope they go back into production someday.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#3]
The Magnum Carry was introduded in '99 and if memory serves me correctly...it never made a full production year before Colt had financial difficulties and shut down most handgun production. It is extremely highly regarded by Colt collectors and was a steal at $350. Although I managed to buy mine usd in about the same condition in 2000 for $325...I haven't seen one for less than $1k for several years now.

Great little guns...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:52:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Magnum Carry was introduded in '99 and if memory serves me correctly...it never made a full production year before Colt had financial difficulties and shut down most handgun production. It is extremely highly regarded by Colt collectors and was a steal at $350. Although I managed to buy mine usd in about the same condition in 2000 for $325...I haven't seen one for less than $1k for several years now.

Great little guns...

Bingo, they were made for one year 1999. At $350 you did very well and at 98% it should make you a decent profit if you decide to sell (double your money).
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top