Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2004 9:30:29 PM EDT
Anyone know of sources for such a slide new preferrably? I have had 0 success finding a such on the web so far. In addition, does anyone know if LL Baston Co. is still in business? They were my primary source for Colt factory parts back in the 80's, but I cannot seem to locate any contact info for them now.

Kevin
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:07:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks SGB, I already posted my want over there, but so far, no success. Now I need to determine if a series 70 slide would work ok on the series 80 frame without any special alterations. Offhand, I think it would be a no-go, but I am far from sure?

Kevin
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:09:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I posted the series 70 question over at the pistolsmith forum and they agree with you. Would have to purchase a filler for the firing pin safety. Its a moot point now, however, as I apparently have a source for the series 80 slide!

Kevin  
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#5]
AZ Dragoon, Let me know if they have any Matte blue series 80 commander slides. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
AZ Dragoon, Let me know if they have any Matte blue series 80 commander slides. Thanks!

Actually, a number of sources which are mainly some 45 pistolsmiths. Will pass on your request and get back to you.

Kevin
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top