Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2004 5:17:33 PM EDT
Almost everytime I fire the gun (using various hand positions from one to two) the stupid magazine falls out (or comes loose and disconnects the gun).  Is this me, a design flaw, or somethine is really wrong with the gun.

This is the 3.4inch black bbl shooting CCI 40 grain MiniMags.

Help!
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine did the same thing... I figured out that the recoil was causing my finnger to bump the mag release... this seems common w/p22s.

It did it with my wife too....

If your finger is not causing it send it back for warranty repair... I sent mine back for a different reason and they had it back to me in less than 10days... and they pay shipping BOTH ways.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#2]
This does seem common. I work off and on at the local gun shop here, and we had a guy come in with the same problem.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Put 100 rds through mine today, and no problems.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I put close to 600 though mine last sunday... the little pistol has really smoothed out... now works great even with the cheap bulk pack ... got the gun really hot today... and the magazine problem seems to have resolved itself I guess from being broke in... maybe yours will too.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:18:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I sure hope so.  I can prevent it from happening but just using the tip of my finger instead of the normal way I pull the trigger.  I still think that was a stupid place for a mag catch.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:18:59 AM EDT
[#6]
The Disconnecting Magazine Fix (& Tweak!)

Some of P22-ers have had the magazine come out of the gun while firing.  Confusing and embarrassing at first (especially at the range), this problem may be one of the easier ones to fix, or modify your gun for the tweak also included.  The primary cause is due to the size of the gun.  To replicate the problem take your safe and unloaded P22, put in a magazine, and engage the safety.  Now, pull the trigger all the way to the rear, and hold it there.  If you are at your desk, even better (and not doing your normal/proper hold).  Look where your index finger is (the pad).  It is low on the trigger, a perilously close to the magazine release.  If you wiggle your finger a little, and try to engage the mag release, you can.  Now imagine a nice Hyper Velocity round going off at the same time, you can see why some people will in fact drop their magazine out.  The fix?  Just hold up higher on the trigger, and be conscious of a good hold.  You want the web of your dominant hand up into the top of the grip pressing at a 45 degree angle into the grip and slide.  This helps eliminate recoil (more useful for a 9mm or .45 than a .22, but still), giving better control, and better trigger placement, giving a more reliable/repeatable pull and keeping you further from the magazine release.  Keep in mind a change of form when rapid firing.  Keep good form and build up speed and you should be able to not release the magazine....Excerps from rimfire.com forum
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top