Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2009 4:22:06 PM EDT
i here these odd balls are might be imported in quantity soon as a european police force phases out 40,000 of them in 2010.  as a lefty, I like the idea of a left hand ejection port .  does anyone know more about this pistol?  i'm just looking for general info, reliability, personal experience....
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 4:31:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Great trigger good balance it is basically a p-38 style locking system and mags.

Uses single stack mags thier should be a bunch around as many were imported 4 or 5 years ago.  

Link Posted: 8/11/2009 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#2]
PW arms imported a bunch of them a year or so ago, were being sold by SOG and Century Arms. They are running kind of thin lately so it would be nice to see some more imported.
Link Posted: 8/18/2009 7:34:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I've seen a few at the shows.  Don't recall the price, but if memory serves it wasn't cheap.  Maybe $500 range?  The guns intrigue me, but not enough to drop that kind of coin.

Didn't seem to be a real hot seller.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#4]
You can think of it as a product improvement version of the P38/P1
Shorter, thicker, and with a Sig Sauer style decocking lever on the frame instead of the slide.
It uses different magazines than the P38/P1 but keeps the eight shot capacity making the gun capacity light at a time when double column pistols were becoming the future of handgun design so it was obsolete before it fully came on the market.

I owned and shot mine for almost seven years, then sold it.
I was reasonably accurate, reliable with most ammunition, and somewhat of a yawner to shoot.
I kept my P1.
Link Posted: 8/27/2009 10:39:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had one since the late 1980s. Safest pistol made. Fits my hand, highly reliable. Its an updated version of the P38/P1 in production since the 1930s, so all defects in the design were worked out. Automatic safety disaligns firing pin from hammer and locks in into the slide until you pull the trigger. DA/SA. Decocker/slide release.

Only issues are single column magazine of 8 rounds, and cost. Was $350 in 1980, and thanks to Carter (not Reagan, econ. has lag), $650 by 1985.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 11:15:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Really like mine - the action feels much smoother than the P-38 to me.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:35:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I like mine a lot.  It is a little finicky with ammo, but once you find what it likes it just plows along with that boring German reliability.  Feels good to my hand, trigger pull is fine, and shoots accurately.  Well wirth the price, which was around $325 when I got it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top