Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2009 5:59:04 AM EDT
Wondering if anyone has experience with both the PF-9 and the PPS.

How do they compare in use/shooting them?
Which is the more reliable?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 6:41:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know, but the PPS is an awesome gun. Well at least in 9mm it is from my experience, can't speak for the .40.

Link Posted: 5/31/2009 3:49:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I own both. Biggest difference, the trigger. The Kel Tec has a LOOONG trigger, but the PPS has a hard short trigger, I have the "H" disconnector though.
The Kel Tec beats your hand up alot more. Both are acceptable accurate, though I like the longer sight radius on the PPS. The Kel Tec is a good carry piece, the PPS is a good range gun and carry piece.
My Kel tec doesnt like the 147gr HP's though
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 5:27:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 8:26:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I own a PPS and seriously considered the KT.  I own a P32 and am very happy.  But the gunshop and range I frequent has siad every PF9 that they have sold has gone back to KT for service.  They just don't seem to hold up.

Kel-Tech FAQ
Q : What is the expected life of a Kel-Tec firearm
 A :  All Kel-Tec firearms have an expected life of 6,000 rounds or more.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#6]
My .02.  I originally bought a Keltec PF9 for off duty carry. (15 year LE)  The magazine release was lousy, bit my hand when firing and seemed cheap.  I sold it and bought a PPS.  Best thing I ever did.  I went with the .40 for ammo compatibility with our duty issued Speer GD.   The .40 PPS is more comfortable to shoot than the 9mm PF9. Again, just my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:55:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I've never had any problems with my PF9.

I only shoot 115gr.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Never shot the PF9, but i'd have to say the best complement i could give a PPS is, you could actually win a fight with it, not just defend yourself.  Good sights, great ergonomics, easy mag release, nice trigger (i like glocks).  Its a winner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top