Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2003 9:52:14 AM EDT
Going to be purchasing a P22 from a gun shop.  Gun looks good, but from what I've read the older (serial number) ones have/had problematic magazines.  Is there a range to avoid?  What about function?  I've read both good and bad.

I'm looking for a good .22 pistol to practice with... and probably suppress.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#1]
It wasn't so much the pistol, rather than the magazines of the early models that seemed to be a problem.  You'll want magazines with the 'A' suffix along the side. Mags are relatively cheap at $16.95 from CDNN www.cdnninvestments.com

Good luck.

F.A.S. Out
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 10:05:35 AM EDT
[#2]
So mainly I just need to put about 2k rounds through it and they function better?  I'm sure I've seen some fluff and buff tips on how to ensure better feeding/reliability.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:21:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine had to go back to Walther USA for some warranty work a month after I got it.  They put a new main spring in it, fixed the safety detent, and polished the feed rail a little.  So far I've put about 1500 though it since, and it's definately improving the more I use it.  As it is right now, it's still a little finicky with the ammo, but I'm of the opinion that in anoth 1500 rounds, it'll chew through anythng.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#4]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=118&t=183950&w=myTopicPop

Lauer may be putting these back out... keep an eye out!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top