Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2003 1:44:40 AM EDT
Plinked down $250 or so on a P-22 on Monday and the local sheriff's office said OK this morning, gunshop failed to tell me until 20 minutes before closing so I get it tommorow. Bought it primarily for DP gun for me and the wife, something I can stick in the Uncle Mikes when its too hot outside to wear much in the way of clothing, but mostly for something to practice with and not have to worry about ammo costs. See, I suck pretty bad with pistols, bad fine motor coordination in the right hand (left does OK) so I get the shimmies pretty good after a mag in anything above about .380.

Anyhow, was looking around at cans and other toys (WA is a can-legal, but nothing else state!) for her as my next big buy when it hit me. WTF is the accessory rail for on the P22? Its way too small to fit any tac-light that I know of. I know Glock makes a very short laser, but the only mount I've ever seen for it mounts to the trigger guard.

Also, anyone know where I could get a red-dot mount for this new toy?
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 3:23:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out the "P 22 Bridge-Mount with Weaver scope rail" www.waltherusa.net/p22.htm:

This actually answers both of your questions.  How to get a scope mount and what to do with that stupid rail.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 9:21:48 AM EDT
[#2]
An m series light like the M3, or M6 will fit it if you get the s&w rail adaptor for the light. They won't fit otherwise because of where the slit in the rail on the gun is. I've got one of them there scope mounts, not the greatest as the rail is plastic, but it does the job. Did you get the 3.5inch barrel or the 5in. I don't like it the 5in one because of that fake comp on it. min has a tendency to wobble side to side and as the front sight mounts on it it kinda screws with the accurecy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#3]
This will definately be a good gun for you to improve with. Im still teaching my girlfriend how to shoot with it, but shes getting better. If she can shoot ok with it, then trust me, youll be a regular Rob Leatham with it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:39:02 PM EDT
[#4]
whats this sheriff ok stuff?  is this all of WA or just your town.  Was thinking of getting a p22 w/ 5" barrel also.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Forget the 5" for all the above reasons. Get the short version.

Bob

Link Posted: 8/19/2003 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Check out the "P 22 Bridge-Mount with Weaver scope rail" www.waltherusa.net/p22.htm:

www.waltherusa.net/images/a_cp99_bridgemt.jpg

This actually answers both of your questions.  How to get a scope mount and what to do with that stupid rail.

What is with the CO2 cartridges? That set up is one butt ugly deal. We are talking flaming turd here.  I have a can on "hurry up and wait" for mine and wish I had night sights, but I would never put that contraption on mine.

Bob

Link Posted: 8/19/2003 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
whats this sheriff ok stuff?  is this all of WA or just your town.  Was thinking of getting a p22 w/ 5" barrel also.

Ever buy a pistol? You fill out two forms, one 4473, one blue. The blue goes to the county sheriff's office, and the yellow is filed. There usually is a 7 day wait on handguns in WA, or there was with the brady bill, now that brady is tits up, its just whenever the sheriff's office gets back to you. For me its been about two days, most of the sheriff's office folks are friends of my dad and know me :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top