Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2003 3:06:37 PM EDT
I've only had a little less than 200rds through it, about 80 today, and it broke!  I'm so pissed.  I called Walther USA, and they were pretty helpful. They sent out a Fed Ex sticker for me to send it in.  I asked them to talk me though complete dissassembly to see exactly what is wrong, so not to waste time if it doesn't need to go back.  They took the time to warn me about springs, and what pins to remove, and to remove the main reciever from the grip frame.  I did it, but wow, lots of parts.  I did manage to determine the hammer spring broke, and Walther said they would also send me a spring to replace it.  I just hope I can get it back together.  I did it once already, but with out the new spring, it is hard to determine if I got it right.  Anybody else have this happen? I hope the spring gets here quickly so I don't forget where all the parts go! or Walther is going to get a box full of parts!  I'm so depressed....
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:18:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, I have to say "Hats off to Walther & S&W".  I called them on Wed of last week about my broken spring.  I recieved a new spring either Fri. or Sat. of the same week.  That is impressive; not to mention that I live in Wyoming!  I installed it Sun, and everything seems to be right.  I'll try it out this week with live ammunition.  It is a real bugger trying to get all those pieces back together.  If you ever have to attempt this, set aside a few hours!
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad to hear they came through.  Good luck with the new one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top