Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2007 5:46:54 AM EDT
The story is short:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=88&t=433606

I meet the guy in the morning to do the Form 4 on the supressor and to do an FFL transfer for the P22.  I have not done my homework on the P22 other then to see some of the issues and fixes posted in here...

Is there any specific problem areas I should look at?

I plan to strip the can to check the baffles but otherwise as long as she functions like she should I will have a P22 by this time tomorrow (I hope) and a can in the next month or so based on current transfer rates.

Now I will need to buy a bunch of spare mags for the P22 as well... anybody have a good source?

Thanks for any advise!
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 6:55:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a great deal to me....$350 for the gun and can, plus $200 for the transfer (or is it less since it's not new?).  I think new, around here, the P22 goes for just under $300, and the can is ~$250+tax stamp.

Some P22's have issues with the safety walking on during firing.  This is an easy fix.  If yours has this problem, let us know and I"m sure we can help you out.  Some folks also complain that the P22 has a weak extraction.  I suggest going to www.rimfirecentral.com and checking out the Walther sub-forum.  Read the P22 bible that is posted there.

I've heard a TAC65 with a P22 as a host, and it's very quiet.  I think you'll be satisfied with your purchase.  I'm in the market for some extra magazines too.  You can purchase them online directly from Walther.  I imagine if you shop around, you can find them cheaper elsewhere though.  If you find a good source, let me know.

ETA:  I would make sure you get the key for the ILS, and make sure you can unlock the gun.  Then just put the key someplace where you won't lose it, and never use it again.  There have been issues with folks locking their gun with the ILS, and having great difficulty in getting it unlocked.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 11:50:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I got to shoot the P22 with the TAC 65 and it really was quite quiet.  Certainly quiet enough to not need ear protection.  We did the FFL transfer for the P22 and the Form 4s are done so I can get the Can transfer going.

The P22 certainly looks like a fun little 22 and with the can it really seems like a fun little system.  I will make sure that I don't lock the gun as you suggested!

As for mags, I was really impressed with the way these mags are made.  I have a feeling these mags will last a LONG time so I may buy two as spares but the two I got with the gun are likely all I will need.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You can purchase them online directly from Walther.  I imagine if you shop around, you can find them cheaper elsewhere though.  If you find a good source, let me know.

I ended up buying four mags off EBAY (cost me $88 shipped for the four NIB with finger rests) but then I was looking at CDNN and they have then for $18.99 (if they are in stock)...  Most places I tried today were sold out...

lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/cdnn/CDNN2007-3.pdf Page 45
So, I bought the four I did as the price was comparable to anyplace else and that will give me 6 mags and these look to be sturdy mags so that should last me the life of this cheap gun...
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice find, I love mine.  Wish that I could get a suppressor, but not at this time in MI.

Some have said the AC variety has issues, but mine doesn't.  AF is suppossedly better.  You can find the code on the barrel.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top