Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2002 6:10:12 PM EDT
My new Walther P99 (9mm) will be arriving in the PRK soon and I will probaly be able to p/u from my dealer before Xmas.  I'm considering getting a Fobus holster for it: mostly for general range use.  Any comments on the Fobus?  I would also like to get the companion magazine holder for it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 7:23:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I used a roto belt-holster for about ayear until the top pin that holds the halves came off, tearing a small piece of kydex along with it. I remedied it with a zip=tie until I found out about the lifetime warranty. I emailed Fobus and they sent me a replacement. The holster works very well and holds the P-99 real snug. I've tried using a ballistic nylon holster in the past and am totally sold on kydex after suing the fobus.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 12:01:49 PM EDT
[#2]
While not a fobus i just bought a Don Hume Leather forward cant leather holster today and I like it very much $45, only down side is depending on the pants you wear you may have to have a taylor move a belt loop or two as the holster is wide.

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Have used Fobus in IDPA matches for a couple of years.  For the money they are hard to beat.  Not sure it would be my first choice for everyday use, but of general range use theys should be just fine.

Link Posted: 1/2/2003 8:46:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Does the Fobus make any bad holster wear marks?  I've been using leather exclusively and haven't had much finish wear like I've seen some kydex holster give.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top