Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 3:09:13 PM EDT
I just got back from the range. I noticed at the range that the rear sight on my P22 will move somewhat. Not side to side to affect windage, but more of a slight rocking motion front to back. I do not mean that it moves on the upper receiver, but that as positioned on the receiver, it can be slighly rocked back and forth.

I do not think it affects up and down bullet impact, but I do not like the fact that it is not rock solid. Can anyone please look at their P22 to see if this movement is normal? And if it is, does anyone have any reason why it does it? Looking at it , it does not appear it is defective or broken in any way, it just rocks it seems on the adjustment screw that goes through it.

Also, Federal 22 ammo sucks. It does not even reliabily work the action.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:32:58 PM EDT
[#1]
mine does too.

since its a pistol and not all that accurate to begin with it doesnt bother me as much. not enough movement imo to cause problems
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine also rocks back and forth, and so does my friends.

Is there anyone that makes new rear sites for the P22, its so wide and I would like something smaller.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:25:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for checking and replying.

I wonder why on earth would Walther put a sight on a gun that does this??  Granted, the P22 is a fun pistol and not meant to be a tack driver, BUT. this makes no sense. Heck, even a fixed rear with windage via driving the rear sight left or right in a dovetail (not sure if that is the right word) would be better.  

This will be my last Walther.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:17:19 AM EDT
[#4]
someone needs to contact s&w and see what they say about it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:00:59 AM EDT
[#5]
It does it on mine too....It never bothered me, maybe because I primarily use the laser.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top