Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 5:08:37 PM EDT
I am thinking of buying a P99 Compact.  I already own a P99 .40. & like is alot.  What is your opninion of the smaller pistol?  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 9mm compact version - I got rid of my Glock 26 for it - I really like it - I had Tripp Research hard chrome the slide for me, and it's even sweeter now - no more holster wear :)
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#2]
where are you getting one from (import wise)

not too many shops carry one around here so too order it they charge more (bastards)
other then that i would like to get one.

with the NV CCW law the pistol that you license is by the model number not the serial number.
adding an additional gun requires a new certification on it through a state recognized CCW instructor and a 15 dollar. so just to add a gun your looking at 45-70 bucks depending on who you go through here.

the P99 Compact which carries the same "name" is an good way around that. thats one of the reasons im not going for a glock. id have to add two more guns since i would want a 17 and 26.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I got mine locally - he ordered it from a distributor in Nov.

Right now, you can get one at CDNN - I have heard of good stories about sales deals from them. I want a full size one, but they are out - But, I would be comfortable in ordering one there.

They still have a few left - better hurry... Just give them a call - here is their website:

www.cdnninvestments.com/
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:12:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I have as S&W 99 I bought before Walther introduced there it is a good gun I traded in my Glock 27 for it, I feel the p99 is a safer design for carry.

I reccommend get a 40 cal so you keep the same caliber as your full size.

hopefully walther comes out with a carbine that uses p99 mags
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:13:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I have as S&W 99 I bought before Walther introduced there 99 comapct it is a good gun I traded in my Glock 27 for it, I feel the p99 is a safer design for carry.

I reccommend get a 40 cal so you keep the same caliber as your full size.
I also recommend aftermarket sites I don't care much for the factory sights

hopefully walther comes out with a carbine that uses p99 mags
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#6]
SD 307 was so pleased he had to say it twice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top