Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 12:14:28 PM EDT
I bought a new P22, nickel slide, 5" barrel, two stainless steel mags. I decided to take a chance and sell my matte black 3.4" model, which I had bought used, and try a new one. Let's just say I'm happy I did.

My old P22 had some issues. There were a lot of light primer strikes, and it would often take two or three tries for a round to fire. The new one does not have that problem. In fact, the only problem it has is a reluctance to chamber the first round using spring tension alone. I put about 200 rounds through her today, and had one failure to eject, when shooting rapid fire for the first time. I fired a few more 10-round rapid fire strings with no malfunctions. This is the gun I'd hoped my first P22 would be. It's pretty asccurate, too.

9/29/04 manufacture, "N" serial number. Did I just get lucky?

ETA: I was using Remington Viper 22LR ammo. Awesome stuff. Also, I see that the "N"'s are supposed to be good.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:53:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked up a new P22 last month.  It has not given me any problems at all.  I have about 1500 rounds through it so far.  This is my third P22 and by far the best.  The first was a pos and the second was good after break-in.  I don't plan on getting rid of this one.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Update: this is a great pistol. I shoot it more than any other. I got the laser for it, and once sighted it seems to be holding zero very well. I shoot Mini-Mags in it, which work well and never fail to cycle. The slide hung up occasionally on the hammer at first, but after about 600 rounds it has broken in and stopped doing that.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:32:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Update: this is a great pistol. I shoot it more than any other. I got the laser for it, and once sighted it seems to be holding zero very well. I shoot Mini-Mags in it, which work well and never fail to cycle. The slide hung up occasionally on the hammer at first, but after about 600 rounds it has broken in and stopped doing that.

You can very slightly dress the edge of the hammer to deal with the hangup promblem.

The other thing to do is use a stone or sandpaper ona  conical surface tovery slightly chamfer the edges of the chamber mouth -- its a bit sharp there on new guns, and that causes some hang up issues.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#4]
My P22 has been good from day one. I can shoot pretty much any .22 ammo through it, but my favorite is CCI Blazer because it's only $9.99/500.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Where did you get the Blazers for that price?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top