Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 12:10:13 PM EDT
So the missus wants a P22... and none other than the Short BBL one with the grey poly frame and blued slide will do... It's a reasonably good choice to get her mroe familiar with DA/SA without stepping above the comfortable .22lr cartridge.

To be honest it's pretty damn good lookin and I hear it's easy to supress!

Reliability issues aside I have some questions.

Is the short barrel P22 threaded or only the long barrel?

Is the P22 Recoil operated or is it Blowback like a PPK or a Makarov??

how much should I expect to pay for one of these NIB with warranty?

Any good places to find them new or barely used online?

A little help guys? I have a HiPower clone in my sights next but I'm not allowed to buy anymore toys until I get her one!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:53:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
The short barrel is threaded. You should expect to pay about $300 for NIB. Impact Guns has them, as well as many other retailers. To attach a suppressor you'll need an adapter, which doesn't cost much.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a blue-gray on Gunbroker.com right now - two barrels -two mags $319

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=42329229
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:44:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Got mine (blue short barrel) with laser NIB for $299.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:51:26 AM EDT
[#5]
short barrel is threaded (need adapter for a can), I have black with green and it cost me 280 out the door NIB
follow the walther P22 not suck thread in Handguns and it will help alot with reliability
ETA: it is blowback operated like a makarov with a fixed barrel
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:14:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Recoil or Blowback operation? Is there a difference?  Any FFL dealer can order one, RSR typically has the Grey framed ones available.  They sometimes have specials where they sell the Grey gun with both barrel sets in a package.

Only do not get the CA compliant model, it is not threaded.

Uh oh.  I just got a P-22 today, and I think I accidentally got the CA compliant model.  I thought there was an adapter for the threads and not that the barrel itself was threaded?

I had intended to silence this eventually.  Am I screwed?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:05:25 AM EDT
[#7]
The barrel is threaded...  You add the adapter.  They are around 29 bucks.  

Linky:

www.tacticalinc.com/walther-thread-adapter-with-thread-protector-p-74.html
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#8]
The CA compliant barrel is threaded?  Obviously if it isn't I couldn't use the adapter.

Damn those hippies in California for screwing s*&t up.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The CA compliant barrel is threaded?  Obviously if it isn't I couldn't use the adapter.

Damn those hippies in California for screwing s*&t up.

Does your barrel have the barrel slotted end?  If so, just remove the end cap, and the threads are under it.  If not, you can buy a new barrel...

You aren't screwed.

Pretty decent gun for plinking!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top