Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 6:38:59 PM EDT
Freind gave me an old PPK.  Not war time but still a Walther banner model.

Condition is fair with a very heavy re-blueing job.

Pistol shoots fine as long as crappy American made ammo is not used.

Odd thing is that when you move the pistol, or shake it slightly, there is a rattle inside just in front and below (best I can narrow it down) where the hammer is fixed to the frame.

Any ideas on what this could be?  I have taken it apart as far as a simple field stripping and saw nothing that I could see wrong.  The function does not appear to be effected.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably the hammer trip lever.
That's a small lever on the left side of the hammer, in the frame that is pressed down by the safety, and lowers the hammer.

If it's dry, it can rattle.
Put a drop of lube beside the left side of the hammer.

As a check to be sure nothings wrong, remove the slide, remove the grips, and look things over to be sure it's not something loose that shouldn't be.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:28:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Odd thing is that when you move the pistol, or shake it slightly, there is a rattle inside just in front and below (best I can narrow it down) where the hammer is fixed to the frame.

Have someone else shake the gun & you not move your head.    
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have someone else shake the gun & you not move your head.    

I needed that laugh today!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top