Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2005 6:46:56 AM EDT
Are they compatible?
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 6:51:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have one......but I am 99% sure that they do. I think that was a big part of the idea with the G22
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#2]
According to this article they are interchangeble.

CD
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#3]
cool, thanks guys
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 12:07:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't physically tried it myself. I own a P22, and have handled a G22 at the store, and the mag bodies are the same, but the floorplates are different. The pistol mags have either the flat or pinky rest floorplate, while the rifle mags have a floorplate thats made to blend in with the stock, flat with a rounded bottom. The pistol mag doesn't look like it'll fit in the slot in the rifle's stock, and the rifle mag may stick out pretty far in the pistol.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I was in a gunstore today, and they had both.  I asked the question, the guy had both right there, but he wouldn't try it.  I was a bit torqued.

I'd still like a difinitive answer.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I have both and no, they are not interchangeable.  The bodies are pretty much the same but the floors are different.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Confirmed.

I got a new G-22 today, nice little rifle.
The floorplates are different , but can be switched out.

Guess I will be buying more mags anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top