Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2005 6:05:01 PM EDT
Last week I sold my Glock 26. I had it for several years. I decided I wanted something new as my many CCW weapon. So, I got a Walther P99 compact yesterday. Took 3 weeks to get my hands on it, but it came in today.

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/408/walther10dh.jpg

Well, got back from the range today - Took my new compact P99 A/S to the range for the first time.

I shot it a whole lot better than I ever did the Glock 26 I had. It is a very accurate gun. I find that I will have to order that extended finger base plate for the 2nd magazine, however (1 mag comes w/ it, and 1 doesn't). When using the short mag, I keep shooting low. WIth the Glock 26, I never could master the trigger even after several years. The Glock 34 (w/ lighter trigger) is the only Glock I shoot well). But with the mag w/ pinky extension, it is a very accurate gun.

I will say that after 150 rounds (I shot about 175 thru it), my hand started to hurt. It's not really a long term range gun to shoot hundreds of rounds in. But, it will be my main CCW, and while I will keep in practice with it, I doubt I'll be shooting 150+ rounds in 1 setting again. I just wanteed to verify that the gun worked. Also shot about 20 hollow points thru it.

I had 1 target that I made a bullseye in two seperate circles, but I also used other ares of the target too, so I had rounds all over. Here is 1 target that I held on to after a few rounds, though.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1483/target17is.jpg
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome!  I have two P99s (9mm and .40), both are full size, and a P22.  I think I'll have to get a P99C, yours looks very sweet!

And good job posting a range report!

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Looking good! Is it a 9mm or .40? I had the .40 S&W version of the compact
and loved it. Function and feel was perfect, but I ended up trading towards a
fullsize in 9mm.
You may want to try and call S&W about the curved floor plates. I also couldn't
get good control or feel for the gun with the flat floor plate and after a quick
phone call to S&W, I had 3 curved floor plates in my mailbox 3 days later FREE of
charge! Don't know if they're still giving them away, but it's worth a try.
Good luck!

J
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a good idea. I may do that. I didn't look in the manual for a contact number. Is there a special # for the Walther division, or do you just phone the main S&W #?

As for your question, it is 9mm.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:14:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Now you're making me wanna go to the range tomorrow.   And I think I will!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#5]
If you don't mind S&W on the floor plate, just call the main S&W number and tell
them you need to order parts for your Compact. Though, I may have an extra curved floor
plate in my parts box if you want it (free of course). It says S&W on the bottom
if that's of any concern. I just have to see if I can find it! I no longer have my compact
so it serves no use to me. Email me if S&W can't help you and I'll try and locate the floor
plate for you.
J
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:32:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok, thanks. I appreciate it. I plan to call tomorrow and see what happens. I'll let you know if I have no luck

DOesn't matter to me ifit says S&W on it. IN fact, I heard that some of the Walther mags had defective floor plates. If I buy any mags in the future, I figured that I would probably buy S&W ones.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:43:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Just sent you an e-mail... I phoned Smith and Wesson just now and asked about the baseplate for the compact magazines. The guy there told me he couldn't help me because the mags come to their company already assembled. I mentioned that someone (you)from the internet  told me he had gotten the baseplates from S&W, so the customer service rep put me on hold for 5 min.

He came back and said that he checked with a supervisor and was told that they can't get seperate pieces for mags. So, they couldn't help me.

If you do have that spare baseplate, I would be very interested in getting it. I have a spare standard glock 17/19/26 baseplate to trade if you needed it for some reason. let me know.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I never got your email but I sent you one as well.
Just supply me with your shipping address and
I'll get the floor plate out to you.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok, great! Don't know what happened to the email. I got your e-mail, though, and I just replied. If you still don't get it, though, try contacting me at

[email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top