Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2022 4:45:55 PM EDT
I just came here to say the PDP is so great I'm actually considering selling some of my other guns and buy more Walthers.
I have Hk, Glock, Sig, Smith, other brands... but in my quest for continual improvement I bought the PDP compact out of curiosity and planned to try it and sell it.
Well, I'm keeping it and adding more.

I know there are rave reviews about it, but also some saying it's just another over-hyped polymer striker pistol.
But it does a few things better than the sea of other pistols; trigger is one of the best out of the box, ergos are fantastic, super reliable and it's the most accurate pistol I have fired aside from my custom 1911.
The slide is a little thick, but that's about the only knock.

I wasn't sure about the grip or the slide serrations, but I can't stop handling it.
I don't think I've been this excited about a pistol since I bought my first S&W 659 in the 80s.

Had high hopes for my P320 Pro Carry, but I'm not so sure it's going to be fired much anymore.
Good problems to have.
Target is from 10 yards, standing with gloves, PMC Bronze 124gr. I'm not that great of a shot.
I have to get a holster and an RMR for it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:21:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same pistol. Perfect grip shape accurate. Agree with the thickass slide! Overwatch trigger changes from a great factory to the best striker fired pistol I own
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:37:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I plan to pick up one of these soon, the compact version looks like a great carry piece.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 11:52:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a gen 1 and 2 p99, I want a pdp f for teaching woman to shoot. Problem is I wont buy one until I get to handle one.

I just wish I could find a buyer for canik elite combat.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 11:42:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Bro, we're on the same level! I sold all my Glocks and my Beretta 92FS and replaced them with all Walthers. They are that good! Now I've got a PDP compact, Q5 Match, PPQ, PPQ 5", and a P99 that I edc.

Family picture, this is what I turned my Glock 19, Glock 23, Glock 43X, and Beretta 92FS into. My wife has the PPQ 5" for target shooting and the PPQ for edc.  Was way worth it if you ask me. I never really liked Glocks that much anyways and in my opinion Walther is definitely superior, they are on the level of HK but without all the marketing.

The PDP and P99 get carried but I'm preferring the P99 because the slide is sleeker and it's DA/SA

By the way, just so you know all of these firearms are modular and the slides, frames, and triggers are all compatible with each other. Even the P99, you just won't have DA on the other frames.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top