Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2022 9:26:50 PM EDT
Sorry if this has been brought up. Late to the show. Got a chance to handle one yesterday and really like it. However, question I had was about the optics cut. Is there two different cuts for the standard PDP? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 11:08:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure it's just a single cut and that's why you have to mother-may-i the right adapter plate from Walther.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 2:25:45 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a version 1 and version 2 milled slide style. They have pictures somewhere on the site. I am guessing anything fairly newly manufacture would be the version 2.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:32:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a version 1 and version 2 milled slide style. They have pictures somewhere on the site. I am guessing anything fairly newly manufacture would be the version 2.
View Quote

Correct.  Version 2 is the latest version, which added lugs to the plate/cut. One the optic plate order page on their site, it tells you the serial numbers for the version 2 plates.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Correct.  Version 2 is the latest version, which added lugs to the plate/cut. One the optic plate order page on their site, it tells you the serial numbers for the version 2 plates.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Assume Version 2 would be more secure?
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Assume Version 2 would be more secure?
View Quote

Version 2.0 cut offers 1000% more side to side support while also improving front to back rigidity to reduce stress imparted on the optic plate screws. That being said I haven't seen any reports of the 1.0 guns actually shearing their screws.

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 4 inch compact grey cericoat slide finish , with the type 1 cut. It is solid and i have no doubt it will continue to be. I have about 500 rounds through it and have used the RDS to rack the slide and it hasn't moved or changed POI   . Got it for $519.99+ tax  from Sportsman's outdoors super store ,free freight .
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Took it out to the desert yesterday ,and fed another 200 rounds of IMI 124 grain full power FMJ through it , no problem with the type 1 RDS plate coming loose or changing POI. Have the Leatherwood Hi Lux TD3-C mounted on it and have been using the RDS to rack the slide 100% of the time . Still solid as a rock with 700 rounds on it .
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Just put another 300 rounds through it this morning ,and the mount and optic is still rock solid and the POI is still 100% spot on . And either its my imagination ,or the trigger is getting smoother and lighter also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top