Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2022 1:51:29 PM EDT
I just got the 4 inch PDP compact ,and was thinking i might want to up grade the trigger. Is it worth $200.00 ? Is the Walther or the Over watch a better choice ?  Also is there any benefit in changing the guide rod and spring  set up  to an 11 pound steel one ?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:23:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you even fired it yet?

Why not give the stock pistol a chance first, Walther's have very good triggers out of the box.  It's not a Glock after all.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes I have fired it the( Walther PDP 4 inch compact)  . I also own a Canik  Rival dark side and want the Walther trigger to be as good with the shorter take up and reset as the Canik . What I want to know is with the Walther dynamic performance trigger or Overwatch  precision trigger will it be as good . I don't want to spend $200.00 and not get it to feel as good as the Canik Rival.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a PDP Compact with the Walther Dynamic Trigger installed.

In my research the Overwatch is just a trigger, but the WDT comes with the new sear block where most of the improvement is made.

The take up is way way less and the over travel is less too.

It is a noticeable improvement, and I would do it again.

I put the factory spring on the WDT block. It's slightly lighter and after 500 rounds or so, no issues.

Can't say how it compares to the Canik, but it is significantly better than stock, which is really good compared to most striker fired poly pistols.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I am PDP Pro owner and agree the WDT is excellent.  I have seen some online posts lately claiming the PDP Pro does not come with the full WDT kit, just the upgraded trigger and trigger bar.  

It sounds like you have confirmed the Pro does have the full WDT kit with upgraded fire control unit?
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am PDP Pro owner and agree the WDT is excellent.  I have seen some online posts lately claiming the PDP Pro does not come with the full WDT kit, just the upgraded trigger and trigger bar.  

It sounds like you have confirmed the Pro does have the full WDT kit with upgraded fire control unit?
View Quote

The PDP Pro SD just has the Dynamic trigger shoe and trigger bar and does not have the upgraded sear housing.

Source: Me, a PDP Pro SD owner.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#6]
My PDP had a good trigger for a striker, so I installed an overwatch setup. Best trigger out of all my striker type pistols
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I carried mine for a little over a year stock minus a taylor freelance brass back strap. Was great shot the piss out of it, got to the point when I was thinking about gathering spare springs for maintenance so I ordered the over watch precision trigger and a steel uncaptured guide rod and spring. Now its more gooder I suppose but it was great before. Only went with the overwatch because the dynamic stays out of stock, had the opportunity to check another one out at a class and it was nice as well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
... and not get it to feel as good as the Canik Rival. [/b]
View Quote

Why downgrade a trigger to make it similar to something that is worse?
Purchased a Canik and after 1 trip to the range it was sold primarily because the trigger sucks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Interesting ,my experience with the Canik has been excellent. I have both the Walther PDP compact and the Canik Rival dark side. The Rival had a better trigger stock out of the box than the Walther. I installed the Sprinco springs in both ,and they both got better/lighter. However the Canik is still better/lighter than the Walther after the Sprinco springs. The Canik is at 2pound .9 oz lbs and the Walther is at 3 pound .8 oz . And the reset on the Canik is shorter and better .For some odd reason even though Canik  copied /stole the trigger design from Walther ,they managed to get it better over all . I am waiting for the Walther Dynamic trigger to be delivered as I write this. I am sure that the Walther PDP  will be even better in the end . Walther has a well earned established reputation for high quality firearms ,and Canik is the new kid on the block with firearms. Add to the fact Canik is cheaper and made in Turkey and has yet to prove it has the long term chops for reliability  the Walther has . What being the case only time will tell ,but as of now I am very happy and  impressed with my Canik Rival  . Let us not forget even the vaunted Walther has made some lemons over the years , I had I Walther PPK that was a jamomatic with any and all  HP ammo  ,,even after a trip back to Walther for repair. I ended up selling it without even taking a loss .The Walther name and mythical James Bond thing impressed people .   And I bought  a Walther P22 for my son a few years ago that was a real turd ,and sold it and bought him a Browning Buckmark that is great and he still has . I predict Canik will become more popular after people take a chance and own and shoot them . I remember when i bought my first Glock 17 in late 1986 ,and my boss and friends laughed and said it will never last .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top