Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2022 10:41:16 AM EDT
I shot my full size PDP for the first time yesterday. I really like the trigger!  Majority of ammo was Winchester white box (100 rds) and Blazer brass (50 rds)...plus a couple of magazines of defensive ammo like Gold Dot. When I was almost through I had a FTF with a Blazer round. The bullet appeared to lodge at the bottom of the feed ramp. I got some assistance from the range guy to clear the gun since I couldn't drop the magazine. The remaining few rounds fired without issue, including the round that jammed.  I had put some grease on the slide rails before going to the range, and thought the gun was lubed properly before I started.  Does this sound like an ammo issue? Or the gun just needs to be fired more? Thanks in advance for your input.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:55:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Bought my PDP a couple of weeks ago, have @ 800 rounds through it so far (mostly Blazer aluminum)...zero issues.

One round out of almost 200 sounds like an anomaly...I'd chalk it up to the ammunition. But I also put @ 500 rounds through a gun before I consider it ready for defensive work.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:43:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm thinking the same thing. Plus, I cannot vouch for the age of the ammo or its storage conditions so there's that.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I also put @ 500 rounds through a gun before I consider it ready for defensive work.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got something between 200-250 rounds through me and it has been 100% so far (which is what I'd expect). Amazingly accurate pistol.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:17:35 PM EDT
[#4]
My PDP Compact has been very reliable for 200 rounds as it should be. Any defensive pistol that requires a break in period out of the box is labeled bullshit and gets a hard pass from me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#5]
My PDP compact ran without a hitch using a Jarvis P99 threaded barrel and a Dead Air Wolfman
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#6]
OP what kind of grease are you using.

Grease is usually a terrible idea with only a few exceptions on pistols.

And yeah 1 malfunction out of 200 rounds of Blazer is not a bad day.

ETA: welp didn’t realize how old this thread was
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a PDP compact last spring and have been using it in 1 - 3 matches per month, probably 1500-2000 rounds so far.
Pretty much all 124gr poly reloads.

I've never had a failure.

My first and only poly pistol. I have one of the new PDP PRO Compacts on order.

I hope all of you enjoy your PDP's as much as I have mine.

Link Posted: 6/4/2022 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I shot my new PDP Compact for the first time today.  200 rounds without a single hiccup and very, very accurate.  Trigger is awesome and it points very naturally for me.  I mounted a Vortex Viper on it and sighting that in did take some time and effort.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top