Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2015 6:21:33 PM EDT
Considering a pps. Finally handled one today unfortunately they only had a .40 in stock and I prefer 9mm however I have a lot of .40 ammo already so.   Anyway is the pps striker fully cocked when loaded or is it partially cocked and the trigger cocks it the rest of the way?
And the dealer said $450 plus tax. Is that a good price?
Thanks for your time
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:37:07 PM EDT
[#1]

go over to Waltherforums and check out all the info on the PPS they have a sticky on serial numbers and upgrades that were done threw production.  if used you want to make sure its not a Massachusets complient pistol, they have a very heavy trigger.  newer models also have an improved slide stop. read how to correctly remove the backstrap safety and make sure it is in good condition as is the extra one supplied by the company (not realy an extra..on small one large)

Good luck..love mine

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Stupid mag release.

I have one - it's going to be sold.

Otherwise, it's a nice gun.  Reliable, accurate.  My Sig P938 is MUCH easier to shoot, despite being smaller. i.e. pocket ready.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. The one I'm looking at is new at a dealer.  I like the mag release it's similar to my hk.
Funny you mention your p938. I have one of those too I should just carry that more.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:14:44 AM EDT
[#4]
If the pistol is new that price is very good. I paid $525 for mine. The striker is partially cocked and the trigger pull cocks it the rest of the way. This is why the striker begins to protrude from the end of the slide during the trigger pull I would assume. The trigger is a bit stagey when new, but after a bit of use it smooths out.

All in all, I'm glad I got one. It's a blast to shoot. It really does act larger than it is... in a good way.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:30:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the pistol is new that price is very good. I paid $525 for mine. The striker is partially cocked and the trigger pull cocks it the rest of the way. This is why the striker begins to protrude from the end of the slide during the trigger pull I would assume. The trigger is a bit stagey when new, but after a bit of use it smooths out.

All in all, I'm glad I got one. It's a blast to shoot. It really does act larger than it is... in a good way.
View Quote

+1
Love mine.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:03:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies. Now the only thing holding me back is the fact it's a .40 and not a 9mm. Dealer said it's his last one and he isn't going to order more I guess he had trouble moving the first batch he got that's why he s selling it for $450.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies. Now the only thing holding me back is the fact it's a .40 and not a 9mm. Dealer said it's his last one and he isn't going to order more I guess he had trouble moving the first batch he got that's why he s selling it for $450.
View Quote

Buds has it for $9 more, then just pay whatever transfer charge.  Get what you want.

I would not want to shoot such a small gun in .40.
I have a 9mm PPS and love it.  Very concealable, very reliable, very accurate, can choose 6/7/8 round mags.  I think you'd be happy with it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:38:43 PM EDT
[#8]
"Get what you want"

^^^THIS^^^

9mm is definitely the way to go with the PPS.  Great f'n handgun and a blast to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:31:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Buds has it for $9 more, then just pay whatever transfer charge.  Get what you want.

I have a 9mm PPS and love it.  Very concealable, very reliable, very accurate, can choose 6/7/8 round mags.  I think you'd be happy with it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buds has them for $379 today
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

These lower prices on the Walther PPS is making it hard to not buy a second one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top