Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2005 7:48:00 PM EDT
What finishes are available on the P99 QA?  
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:24:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried Walther's web site yet?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#2]

BobCole
Team Member

Have you tried Walther's web site yet?

That would be www.waltheramerica.com/
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:42:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I have tried both Walther web sights and also downloaded the 2004 catalog. None of them were very clear.  I'm sure someone that knows for sure would not mind typing the answer here.  Thanks.

The sight Carl-Walther.de lists the slide as either titanium or black.

The waltheramerica.com sight lists the slide as black only.

I checked out the P99 FAQ and thay said walther was going to concentrate on the QA and it will be available in silver, titanium and black.

Then I just read on the walther forum that walther is dropping the titanium coating on the slide.

So I don't know what to believe.

The reason I ask is because I plan to order one and I wanted to decide on what i wanted before I contact a dealer.   I guess the easiest way is to call a dealer and see what they can get.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Then I just read on the walther forum that walther is dropping the titanium coating on the slide.

So I don't know what to believe.

The reason I ask is because I plan to order one and I wanted to decide on what i wanted before I contact a dealer.   I guess the easiest way is to call a dealer and see what they can get.

Thanks

I wouldn't put too much stock on dealer knowledge, IMO. Not all dealers know what's what from different mfgr to mfgr.

Walther should have their 2005 catalog out now, I know most others do.

Have you tried maybe calling Walther & asking them? Keep in mind, just because they may drop a finish option doesn't mean one is not already out there floating around with what you want. Try Gun List newspaper for ads, maybe even run a "want to buy" ad for a few $$, they're pretty cheap.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Check Here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top