Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2013 6:07:01 PM EDT
I really want a pps but cant find a new one anywhere.  

I see some older ones for sale.  Were the ones that have the s&w markings on them made in Germany or were they made in usa by s&w?  Basically just asking if the older ones I see for sale are same as a new one?

Is the shortage a result of walther dropping s&w and setting up their own USA distribution?
Link Posted: 9/28/2013 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Something is going on.  A few weeks ago, the guy at the gun shop (decent size outfit w/ multiple locations state wide) had none in stock and said he hadn't seen any in a month or two.
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 5:29:02 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're anywhere near Orange,CT Firearms had a couple in last week.

ETA,yes the S&W marked guns are made in Germany.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:48:30 PM EDT
[#3]
In stock here.  I finally got one after 6 months of waiting.

http://www.oeoutfitters.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=2457

FWIW...These guys were great to deal with.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#4]
All PPS, P99, and PPQ pistols are made at the Walther factory in Ulm Germany.

The S&W markings only indicate that S&W was the importer, which is no longer the case.

The PPK~PPK/S pistols are made my S&W here in the US as they would not have enough BATFE Import points to bring them in from Germany.

The new PPK/S .22s are made by Walther's corporate parent, Umarex, in Arnsberg Germany (as are the P22 and PK 380), and have nothing in common with a real PPK other than the way they look externally.

All current German made Walthers are imported by Walther Arms Inc. Ft. Smith, Arkansas.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#5]
PPS $519

Here are some...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top