Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2002 6:45:58 AM EDT
Was looking for something a little smaller in the ways of a good pistol.  I have a 1911 and a HP.  Both are good sized.  So off shopping I went with the plain purpose of buying a small, light weight, pistol.  Tried just about everything.  Only two fit well.  One was the SW version of the 99 and the Walther.  I chose the Walther.  Not as small as I hoped, but fine in the heft department.  Yes the trigger will take a little getting used to and not having a frame mounted safety is a little strange.  I am quite satisfied with my choice.  Maybe next week I will go searching again for that elusive little pistol.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 2:30:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats and keep us up to date on what you find
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:07:18 PM EDT
[#2]
First trip to the range today with the new P99.  Only had time to shoot 200 rounds.  The pistol was perfectly reliable.  All spent cases were at 3 or 4 o'clock about five feet.  I was using American Eagle 115gr..  It has a little sharper kick than my HP.  That would figure since the HP is all steel and weighs more.  It pointed well and while the trigger took just a short time to get use to, I really like it.  I do not think the sights are designed for any type of target shooting, although the sight picture was clean and sharp.  My first full magazine printed about 3 inches to the left.  Made a few adjustment and they are now right on.  Group sizes were, I thought, quite good.  From fifteen yards I was getting ten shots in a 1 1/2 to 2 inch group.  A number of times half of the group would be touching.  From a bench they got to about one inch and about half would be touching.  The only thing I though needing improvement are the grip.  While they feel great and are very comfortable, they are a bit slick.  It was windy and about 45 degrees so I never got any moisture on my hands to make them less slippery.  That little rubber slip on that Glock users use would probably fis that.  I really like the pistol and am a happy owner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top