Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2002 7:16:02 AM EDT
Wow what a cool pistol.  Light and cheap to shoot....

Kid223
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 7:09:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't mind "road testing" one of those myself. Are you getting any degree of accuracy? How about reliability? Besides that, they just look neat.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll do a complete review after having REALLY tried it !!  My FU***** shooting range is closed till May first and my membership ends on may 10th.  There is no way those idiots will get one more penny from me !! I paid for a year and they were only opened for 8 months !  Screw them.  I found another place to shoot where the owners aren't crooks and are very friendly!!!!

kid223
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Dont feel bad, I had a lifetime membership at a range that closed. And that was three owners ago!
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:33:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up a used one a couple of days ago and I have to say that it has to be the biggest head ache I've bought to date! I can't get two consecutive shots off to save my life! I've tried 5 different types of ammo hollow points round nose nothing. I called Walther (Smith&Wesson) to see if they had any ideas & they said lets just get this thing in here,We'll send out a pre-paid shipping label for Fed-ex, that's good news...the guy I bought it from bought it in February so its only 2 months old so its not shot up either..here's a pic of it

http://members.cox.net/koewler/walther2.jpg
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:31:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I fondled one at the last gunshow. Asking price was $350 LNIB. I found the rear sight to be WAY canted in the dovetail and would have to go back to the manufacturer. So I never entered into negotiation over the inflated price tag. I still thought about it afterwards...it was calling me, gimpy sight and all.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:05:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Saw one this weekend for $239 at a gun show.  They also had it in a boxed set with a comp, treaded barrel pieces for $359.  Are these good/reasonable prices?  Gun look pretty cool.  Any other experiences with it out there besides LavaDog's?
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:06:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I Finally took it to the Range this morning.

the gun is very smooth.  Almons no muzzle rize! !  Accurate and easy to use.  Only 2 missfeed on 200 rounds of American Eagle .22  Tha problem is the ammo, not the gun !  I also used some Federal ammo and I immediately felt the difference.  P22 and federal ammo makes a perfect combination!

KID223
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:05:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Just picked up my target version this evening.  It was $249.00 and I'm taking it to the range in the morning.  Will let ya'll know what I think of it after I get back.  On the down side, I had my order in for 5 months to the day before it came in!  Same dealer that I got mine from has a few of the shorter versions for $229.00 however.  On the up side, I know a guy who has the threaded adapters for $50.00, which beats Earl's at $60.00 and some other guy who was and probably still is... asking $100.00 each for them.  If all goes well, I'll be picking up the short barrel for it and look at the paper work for a suppressor.
W
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:04:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Brand new P22 target pistol went to the range this morning.  Everything ran very well up until when the 4th mag went in...  then upon firing, the damn firing pin took a hike.  What crap!  Walther USA's e-mail function is not working at the present either!
Both my P99 and PPK/S run well but for .22 pistols, I'm going back to my Rugers.
W
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 5:19:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I always keep Rugers in my battery even when trying something else...never sell a perfectly good Ruger to buy another gun only to find out you "need" it back at more expense, later.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top