Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2002 3:04:50 AM EDT
One of my favorite pistols (but then I guess they all meet that criteria ) is my P-38. It was made in '41 at the Walther Plant and at some time in it's life, was chromed. It's still tight as can be and a joy to shoot outdoors.

Indoors is still fun but far more dangerous. P=38 owners will most likely understand what I mean
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeppers!
I love my P-38s a lot. This was a gun way ahead of it's time. Double action, decocker, the whole nine yards like the new guns have.
I have a few.....ac (Walther code), byf (Mauserwerke).....but I am still searching for the cyq for the collection.
BTW, did you know the reason the cyq's were so roughly machined is that the company Spreewerke that built them had milling machinery  only for railroad car wheels?
That is why you see those huge swirley machining marks on cyq P-38s.

Edited to ask:
Why is shooting indoors more dangerous with a P-38? I don't get it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:24:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Top eject and low ceilings.  Out doors it throws the empties into low earth orbit. Got time for a sandwich and a smoke before they fall back to earth. But indoors, bang, ping, wham right on the noggin.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 8:09:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Hahahaha! I have never noticed this, but I have made it a habit to wear a brimmed hat when shooting, even indoors. Now I know where the habit came from .....
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:19:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I own one, and it is a great gun.  I love to shoot it.  Tactically though, I prefer my Sig.
AIRBORNE!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top