Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 4:45:57 PM EDT
i must say after sending approx 1000 rds through my walther p22 i am quite pleased.  yes, its a S&W import that have a bad reputation but i have found no reason to bad mouth this lil shooter.

i have 6 makarovs and one, maybe two accompany me to the range, while the P22 hasnt missed a range trip since its purchase.  gotta love that cheap ass remington box of hp's(525) for 9 bucks!

cecil
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:08:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you buy it new or used?

Any idea of when it was manufactured?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:27:32 AM EDT
[#2]
yes, purchased new.  i dont know how to tell date of manufacture on these type pistols.  hinking.gif
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#3]
A good indication of date of manufacture is the date on the envelope that contains the casing that is now included in some if not all new firearms.

The P22 is great! its not as accurate as my neos but its great for the size.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I like mine also, never any problems with it........ great plinker  and great for my son too shoot
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:50:55 AM EDT
[#5]

A good indication of date of manufacture is the date on the envelope that contains the casing that is now included in some if not all new firearms.

thanks for the heads up....

turns out it was made 2-04-04.  at least thats what the date on the envelope is....

what do you guys/gals shoot through your p22's?  i love the 525 rds of remington HP for 9 dollars!  shoot all day for a couple of bucks.  awesome.  never a hic-up, well except for the occasional "dud" or ftf.  id say im averaging about 3-5 per carton.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Got mine yesterday, agreed great shooter!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I've had one for a few months and just haven't had an opportunity to break it in yet.  I'm glad to read some postive posts about it here  - most of what I've seen here about the P22 has been negative.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:29:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Had one. The thing shot like a dream. Started with the short barrel than moved to the five inch. with the heavy end there's no muzle climb. I fed mine evey thing from sub-sonic to hyper volocity  not one malfunction.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:33:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I have ran CCI and Remington through mine, with problems.  Somone let me try some of thier Winchester ammo also, still jams on all of them.  I have both barrels for mine, I dont care for it.  Its stayed at home latley.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have ran CCI and Remington through mine, with problems.  Somone let me try some of thier Winchester ammo also, still jams on all of them.  I have both barrels for mine, I dont care for it.  Its stayed at home latley.

I found that I had problems until it was GOOD and broken in. 2500+ rounds.  

Try CCI MInimags...

and the Winchester Wildcat (the Wildcat specifically, not just any winchester).  

The Wildcat runs less than a dollar a box around here... works as good as Minimags at 1/4 the price.  I have also shot some CCI Stingers thru it... thats good stuff too.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:15:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm on my second. I sent the first in to the factory after about 2500 rounds. The hammer wouldn't always hit. Sometimes it would stop in half cocked. The new one has about 1000, and no problems. It's not a defensive pistol for me so its no big deal, but I hope they worked out the kinks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:02:18 AM EDT
[#12]
As a plinker, it's fine. Got mine new in 2002.
Works great with most everything now. Had to break it in with CCI minimags, Velocitors, Stingers.
I go thru a lot of the Remington Golden bulk from Wally World.
Date Codes are on the frame,
AC=02, for 2002
AD=03
AE=04
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I want one bad, and that ain't good!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:38:01 PM EDT
[#14]
you wont be sorry!  

and id like to add that i hit a stationary clay pigeon last weekend with my p22 at just over 110 yrds.  after a magazine of "warm ups" i hit it on my 11th attempt.  was close at all but 3 or 4 shots.....great thing about shootin in gravel pits, the clouds of dust dont lie.....

cecil
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#15]
i have had my p22 for about 1 yr now. i love it! prob have about 5k rds through it.its not a tack driver pistol but for shooting the things around my house. Perfect. i payed $300 for the 5". case, 2 mags. i shot i softball at 40yds today 5out of 10 shots. very suprising to me. i shoot Remington Golden Bullets from walmart $9.47 for 550 pack. about 3-4 FTF or duds in a box.
the only thing i dont like about it is the slide lock is wearing way too fast. it hardly stays back. if i put a fresh mag in when the slide is back it automaticlly slams foward and chambers a live round, and a pin that holds the firing pin in( i think) it keeps sliding out to the left very slowly, i push it in with my truck key. bout every 100 rds? whats up with that? should i call S&W or Walther, and see what they can do?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I love mine.  It's not a target pistol, but great fun to shoot.  Biggest problem I've noticed is you can fit 11 in a mag and then it will jam.  I just wish Walther would make a laser for the rail.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:40:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I love mine.  It's not a target pistol, but great fun to shoot.  Biggest problem I've noticed is you can fit 11 in a mag and then it will jam.  I just wish Walther would make a laser for the rail.

www.carlwalther.com/images/p22_laser_lt.jpg

www.carlwalther.com/images/p22_laser_rt.jpg

www.carlwalther.com/images/p22_laser_cu.jpg

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:12:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.carlwalther.com/images/p22_laser_lt.jpg

www.carlwalther.com/images/p22_laser_rt.jpg

www.carlwalther.com/images/p22_laser_cu.jpg

ok...something where the light is not the same size as the gun...smaller

(I know it is not the same size but it is friggen huge!)

hr
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:28:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Not only that, it costs much more than the pistol itself.

But I just HAD to post those pics!  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:06:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not only that, it costs much more than the pistol itself.

But I just HAD to post those pics!  

Is that actually for sale in the US?  They started listing it in the catalog last year, but it wasn't available then.  I wish it would just be a laser, it would cut the price down and who needs a tac light on a .22 Rimfire anyway?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:32:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Date Codes are on the frame,
AC=02, for 2002
AD=03
AE=04

On my Walther P-22 it just has an 'A' on it. Not the AC, the AD, or the AE. Can anyone tell me why that is?hinking.gif

BTW- this P-22 is for sale!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top