Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 7:35:51 PM EDT
I am debating on picking up a .22 pistol for practice.  My buddy has a P22 that he is willing to let go.  I took it to the range last night and it was a jam-o-matic.  The slide did not want to move forward after firing (about 1 in 10 times).  I called my buddy and he said "oh yeah I shot about 2k rounds thru it while on vaction and did not get a chance to clean it yet'.

I get to the range today and do a tear down, I wipe the parts, add some oil and try putting the bugger back together.  That guide rod/spring combo is a major pain to get back on.  I tried for about 30 minutes before I threw it back into the pistol bag.  I was told 'yeah there is a trick I will show you on Monday' to gettting it back together.

Is it really that hard to reassemble?  I may not pick this up if every time I clean it I spend 20 minutes chasing the guide rod around the house.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Slide a section of cleaning rod or other sized plastic rod through the hole in the front of the slide. Slip the guide rod spring on that and assemble away.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I had to google that shit the ONE time I took mine apart.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I just found this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2oIZOyfDLc

I tried this method and still had a few problems (the slide did not want to go back far enough).  I will try it again when I get home from work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top