Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2009 1:25:19 PM EDT
I've been eyeing Glocks and the Taurus 24/7 in 9mm. At the gun show today I noticed a lot of activity with the Taurus. One of the dealers selling both Glock and Taurus said the Taurus was a better gun hands down. He also showed me how much safer it was. What do you guys think about this? I have a Taurus PT99AF and have had 100% satisfaction with it.
The Taurus does feel better then the glock and its easily $75.00 less then the Glock an comes with 2 mags.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had the 24/7 pro compact for almost a year and I love it. Carry it IWB everyday. 18 rounds with full mag and chamber!

Woohoo for first post
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Go with the Taurus i have a 24/7 pro DS .45 acp and its great  no probs so far  after 400 rounds,  the safety features alone make it a great buy, you dont even need a trigger lock when transporting it you can just use the taurus safety system. The glocks are one of the least safe firearms on the market right now, i have a family memeber in law enforcement and he has heard of too many "accidental discharges" with glocks, he carrys a 1911.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Which Glock are you comparing it to?

The G19 can hold 17 rounds w/extended mag and you can carry a 33 round mag for back up!

Got any 33 round mags for that Taurus?

G26 w/threaded barrel (can you get those?) and 33 rounder:

Don't get me wrong, the T's a great gun but I like all the accessories/gear/mags I can get for my G's
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#4]
The G19 was one of the models. This is for a CW gun so I'm not concerned with to many accessories. A couple of mags and a good holster should do it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#5]
If thats what you are looking for go with the Glock. As far as them being unsafe if you follow the basics of gun handling then you have no problem, people who shoot them selves or other accidentally with a Glock or any firearm are being unsafe and dumb. While I have no problem with Taurus guns I carry a PT 1911 at times the 24/7 has expensive and hard to find mags and Taurus dose have a history with poor mags and CS. Glock mags can be found every where for nothing same goes for good holsters, also I don't care for the thumb safety on the Taurus it just isn't pronounced enough for my liking, seems like my hand would slip off under pressure. Thats just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The G19 was one of the models. This is for a CW gun so I'm not concerned with to many accessories. A couple of mags and a good holster should do it.

33 ROUNDS, DUDE! 33!

You've got to try it.

Link Posted: 12/21/2009 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I got rid of both my G21sf and G30sf, and replaced them with a PT145 Mil Pro, and a 24/7 OSS DS in .45ACP.

I purchased 10 extra mags for each from Bud's Guns for $29.00 each.

They fit my hand better, and I have had ZERO problems with them, my PT1911, or my PT99 that I bought back in 1986, which I still have and shoot often.

I'm going to get the PT 24/7 PRO in .45ACP next week.

I kept my G26 and G19 though.
Link Posted: 12/22/2009 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a glock 19 and have owned many other models.

Have owned many taurus's PT145's/24/7 pro ect 1911

Havnt had a problem with any taurus handgun i have owned.

Glocks im alittle picky with and tend to stick with the 9mm's

you cant go wrong with the  glock 19 neither can you with a good taurus.

holsters will be easier to get with the glock and magazines are more durable.

there all very common guns...go to a funstore and hold both side by side and walk out with the one you like
Link Posted: 12/22/2009 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Which Glock are you comparing it to?

The G19 can hold 17 rounds w/extended mag and you can carry a 33 round mag for back up!

Got any 33 round mags for that Taurus?

G26 w/threaded barrel (can you get those?) and 33 rounder:

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu98/ftldrben/2008-early09pics108-1.jpg

Don't get me wrong, the T's a great gun but I like all the accessories/gear/mags I can get for my G's

I have a 30 rounder for my PT92......
its a beretta so it took alittle fitting but promag makes them also. aswell as another company that slips my mind.
but glocks are always EASIER to get stuff for.
Link Posted: 12/23/2009 4:49:11 AM EDT
[#10]

I am not saying that Taurus are bad guns. I have owned several Taurus during the years and currently have two taurus, however I think the glocks are way better guns - more reliable and durable - specially if you are thinking 9mm.  There is one thing that you have to keep in mind - Remember Black Hawk Down - the scene where the Delta operator has the safety off on his carbine? Well, with glocks your safety is your finger.  The pistol won’t go off unless you pull the trigger, but when you do, always expect it to go bang. If you choose the glock, always keep the gun on a holster that covers the trigger guard, and only put your finger on the trigger when you are lined up with the target.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've been eyeing Glocks and the Taurus 24/7 in 9mm. At the gun show today I noticed a lot of activity with the Taurus. One of the dealers selling both Glock and Taurus said the Taurus was a better gun hands down. He also showed me how much safer it was. What do you guys think about this? I have a Taurus PT99AF and have had 100% satisfaction with it.
The Taurus does feel better then the glock and its easily $75.00 less then the Glock an comes with 2 mags.

The dealer that said that is an idiot.
Link Posted: 1/21/2010 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I wouldnt consider a taurus for a cc, the one exception being a pt1911 that you put rounds through.  get a glock, sa, s&w, and stack the odds in your favor.  Sure you can have good taurus guns but your chance of getting a bad one.....well you do the search.
Link Posted: 1/21/2010 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#13]
add the Kahr to that list btw
Link Posted: 1/21/2010 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I have yet to see any serious firearms instructor with a Taurus.  I DO see them with Glocks 95% of the time.  Get a Glock 19, swap out the crappy plastic sights for metal ones and shoot the hell out of it.

Following quotes from AAR: Vickers Tactical Handgun, Los Angeles 16-17 Jan 2010

(LAV = Larry Vickers )

Overall, M1911s were the most likely to present a mechanical issue. LAV stressed that it is for good reason that Glocks are “the universal pistol.”

LAV: “I’ve forgotten more about the M1911 than most shooters ever learn. People need to grasp that the M1911 was simply not the right gun for most shooters in real situations. I’ve got one word: Glock.”

Glock sights: LAV pointed out that the plastic things that came from the Glock factory in the slots on top of the gun were not sights, but rather are slot holders to be discarded and replaced.

Link Posted: 1/22/2010 2:21:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I have yet to see any serious firearms instructor with a Taurus.  I DO see them with Glocks 95% of the time.  Get a Glock 19, swap out the crappy plastic sights for metal ones and shoot the hell out of it.

Following quotes from AAR: Vickers Tactical Handgun, Los Angeles 16-17 Jan 2010

(LAV = Larry Vickers )

Overall, M1911s were the most likely to present a mechanical issue. LAV stressed that it is for good reason that Glocks are “the universal pistol.”

LAV: “I’ve forgotten more about the M1911 than most shooters ever learn. People need to grasp that the M1911 was simply not the right gun for most shooters in real situations. I’ve got one word: Glock.”

Glock sights: LAV pointed out that the plastic things that came from the Glock factory in the slots on top of the gun were not sights, but rather are slot holders to be discarded and replaced.

Exactly.

You use what the experts use, what's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.  That's the RIGHT way to do it.

Link Posted: 1/22/2010 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I cant believe noone has said anything about the trigger pull yet.
I literally just traded my PT 24/7 .40 yesterday, but my Glock 17 wont be going any where. In fact eventually I will be getting a Glock in .40 as well.
Someone mentioned above that PT 24/7 has an internal locking mechanism... my g17 has one as well in side the pistol grip.
But with all else aside... the reason I traded my PT 24/7 is because the trigger pull (no double or single action, just always heavy trigger pull) was horrible, it affected accuracy and especially accuracy with rapid follow up shots.  (I believe the heavy trigger pull is a feature)
A couple marine buddys and my police buddy and I did some what of a hasty range test between my taurus, a glock, and an XD...all .40's... and let me say I personaly was embarassed, and neither of them were impressed at all.
Anyway, I will say the taurus seemed tough, and it was considerably cheaper, but I would never buy a PT  24/7 line again.... How ever in all fairness to taurus, I will say that I just traded mine in for credit towards the Taurus Raging Bull .500 Magnum that I will be picking up next week
Link Posted: 2/3/2010 9:32:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I own both the 24/7 (3 inch barrel) and glock 19.  If it's one or the other and for cc go glock 19 or 26 if you want 9mm or the comparable model in the caliber you want.  I would suggest looking at a springfield XD subcompact if you like these other 2 pistols I have one in 9mm and unless you a have extremely large hands the springfield will fit your hand much better than the glock. They are similar priced.  You said the Taurus felt better and no doubt it's the grip so try a springfield XD you'll really like the feel of that grip compared to the glock.

The 24/7 I have has always functioned fine for me and I like the pistol but overall the glock/xd is worth the extra $$ and for cc especially.  If you were using it for fun shooting or varmints then the 24/7 is just fine.  I shoot my 24/7 all the time for fun or shooting varmints on the farm but when I cc an autoloader it's a glock, springfield or sig.  Potential FAIL on skunk or coon is one thing but on a bad guy wanting to harm/kill you it's another.  

On the safety the glock is as safe as the Taurus.  You should never rely on an external safety anyways.  They are double action only and have a trigger safety unlike any revolver.  I am always trying to fire the 24/7 and can't figure out what's wrong until I remember the safety is on.  To me in a potentially life threatening situation it's one less thing to think about and would allow me focus on what important...not getting myself killed.  If you are in need of an external safety on a double action pistol because of handling please do us all a favor and leave it unloaded completely.

Link Posted: 2/4/2010 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#18]
When it comes to features, I think my 24/7 PRO DS 9mm is better than a Glock 19.  Not only does it have trigger safeties, it has an external safety, WITH a decocker AND double action operation.  

The moulding of the frame is EXCELLENT and the metalwork is great.  Overall, fit and finish of my 24/7 I'd rate at 95% of perfect.  If it shoots as good as it looks, then it really will be, IMHO, a better gun than a comparable Glock.
Link Posted: 2/4/2010 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I am not a huge glock fan. That being said, the glock being unsafe thing is just stupid. People need to stop finger fucking their triggers while the gun is in their pants. Also, for carry I would take the glock hands down over the taurus. I have a 24/7 oss and it has worked fine thus far. I only use it as a range toy though.  When I carry I carry a sig, not a glock, but I would still go with the glock over a taurus.  Glocks have been proven a million times over. A taurus, well, you might get a good one, but you can't throw a rock without hitting someone who has had a problem with one.
Link Posted: 2/4/2010 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#20]
this is my first post,but i brought a taurus pt 24/7 as my 2nd handgun.with end 100 rounds the sights were lose of target and both mags mess upped.it seems to be a good gun i like the looks of it ,but i than got a glock 17 4 weeks later and havent touch the taurus since.fixing go buy another glock next week.
Link Posted: 2/4/2010 9:11:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

this is my first post,but i brought a taurus pt 24/7 as my 2nd handgun.with end 100 rounds the sights were lose of target and both mags mess upped.it seems to be a good gun i like the looks of it ,but i than got a glock 17 4 weeks later and havent touch the taurus since.fixing go buy another glock next week.

Not sure if....................English...............

Link Posted: 2/6/2010 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I am sincerely sorry you are such a bad shot, needing 33 round magazine.My 24/7 will put one in your head with one shot, and my Cimarron SA will do it with one fired from the hip.If you need that many rounds, practice shooting over your shoulder and running a zigzag course, it wont help but you'll get to live a few seconds longer. My SHTF kit, not shown 3000 rounds of various caliber ammo and my Cimarron SAA wuich was on my hip when I took the picture, A rough rider, , aderringer and a throw down Jennings J-22  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/C5Sam/shtfkit.jpg
Link Posted: 2/6/2010 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am sincerely sorry you are such a bad shot, needing 33 round magazine.My 24/7 will put one in your head with one shot, and my Cimarron SA will do it with one fired from the hip.If you need that many rounds, practice shooting over your shoulder and running a zigzag course, it wont help but you'll get to live a few seconds longer. My SHTF kit, not shown 3000 rounds of various caliber ammo and my Cimarron SAA wuich was on my hip when I took the picture, A rough rider, , aderringer and a throw down Jennings J-22  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/C5Sam/shtfkit.jpg

Is that a Daewoo Carbine of some sort in the picture? Looks real nice.
Link Posted: 2/6/2010 2:33:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

And you go by the name of 'gunsmith' cletis?  My 24/7 PRO DS has an allen key lock on both the front and rear sights.  Loose?  Just get the appropriate allen key and tighten it up.  I mean, a gunsmith should have a set of those, right?
Link Posted: 2/6/2010 3:10:30 PM EDT
[#25]
I've had both, and I like my glock better, gave the 24/7 Pro to my sister. however saying the Taurus is safer than the glock is bullshit, neither gun will fire without the trigger being pulled.
Link Posted: 2/6/2010 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I've had both, and I like my glock better, gave the 24/7 Pro to my sister. however saying the Taurus is safer than the glock is bullshit, neither gun will fire without the trigger being pulled.

At least with an external safety, if someone pulled a butterfingers and dropped the gun, and hit the trigger while catching it, it won't go bang.  However, that's not very likely to happen, so 'more safe' is pretty subjective.
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 6:46:10 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I am sincerely sorry you are such a bad shot, needing 33 round magazine.My 24/7 will put one in your head with one shot, and my Cimarron SA will do it with one fired from the hip.If you need that many rounds, practice shooting over your shoulder and running a zigzag course, it wont help but you'll get to live a few seconds longer.
My SHTF kit, not shown 3000 rounds of various caliber ammo and my Cimarron SAA wuich was on my hip when I took the picture, A rough rider, , aderringer and a throw down Jennings J-22  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/C5Sam/shtfkit.jpg

Nice Galil clone there Lashlarue, but that's got to be the least relevant post in this whole thread.

Link Posted: 2/9/2010 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#28]
yes Matthew_Q i have 6 or seven different set of those,but i dont know bout you but when i go send 400 on a new gun bring it home i dont want have to start working on it.i think it was piss poor to put sights on whit a allen scerw.also dont like the fact that i have a gun thats down for 4 weeks because of poor workman ship, thats why i buy glocks now
Link Posted: 2/9/2010 11:24:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

For one Id have to agree, this has almost nothing to do with the original post...
And second, come on man, your state is showing Texas.... CONVERT YOUR SAIGA PROPERLY!
Link Posted: 2/9/2010 11:26:15 PM EDT
[#30]
With that said though, I do also agree that is a nice Galil and im a little jealous....
Link Posted: 2/9/2010 11:52:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
yes Matthew_Q i have 6 or seven different set of those,but i dont know bout you but when i go send 400 on a new gun bring it home i dont want have to start working on it.i think it was piss poor to put sights on whit a allen scerw.also dont like the fact that i have a gun thats down for 4 weeks because of poor workman ship, thats why i buy glocks now

I think the allen screw arrangement is pretty nice.  Makes it easier for someone like me, who is not a gunsmith, to adjust my sights if I need to.  

Now, if the screws were loose out of the box, and the sights moved inadvertently, then that would be poor QC on Taurus' part.
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#32]
lmao are people really comparing a taurus to a glock theres got to be a law broken here some how i think im going to be sick. sorry had bad luck with taurus and never ever so much as a strange sound out of the glock. glock will back there product up 100% and before you say taurus does to give them a call and see how they talk to you ( umm yes sir its a 9mm umm did you use 9mm ammo... this is what im talking about ) then see how long it takes for them to actually send it back and wait wait does it even work yet??? what no? ok how long do you think it will be now before you see it again ? buy a glock and put it on a 6 month layaway and you will still get it faster then you would get the tuarus back. why would you truest you life to anything that you have to think twice about?
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 2:55:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
lmao are people really comparing a taurus to a glock theres got to be a law broken here some how i think im going to be sick. sorry had bad luck with taurus and never ever so much as a strange sound out of the glock. glock will back there product up 100% and before you say taurus does to give them a call and see how they talk to you ( umm yes sir its a 9mm umm did you use 9mm ammo... this is what im talking about ) then see how long it takes for them to actually send it back and wait wait does it even work yet??? what no? ok how long do you think it will be now before you see it again ? buy a glock and put it on a 6 month layaway and you will still get it faster then you would get the tuarus back. why would you truest you life to anything that you have to think twice about?

Yes, it's law of market things and stuff that a company can never improve their products if they make badproducts they're always bad you shouldn't trusty our life on them because you hear someone that had a friend who's buddy's dad's roomate's daughter's ex had one and had problems with it.  

Glocks are good (as long as you don't feed 'em questionable ammo, or reloads using unjacketed bullets) and are very reliable, but they just don't fit some people well.  I'd flat out get a G19, but they feel weird in my hand, and hurt after a hundred rounds or so.  

I shot 200 rounds with my Taurus and there was no such fatigue.  Aside from it not liking the weaker ammo (Monarch from Academy - these are known to be loaded light), it was great.  Very much bang for the buck.
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 4:16:08 AM EDT
[#34]
I'd take a Taurus 24/7 PRO SA/DA any day over the Glock.  In fact, I do.  Just one shooters opinion but I have also shot way over 10K rnds between 2 24/7 Pros (one is a compact) with out a single FTF out of either.  The Glock is a fine pistol but for me the SA trigger on the Taurus dominates.  If the Taurus safety is to complicated for you to operate you don't train enough and should stay far away from 1911's.  

Glocks 33rnd mag is neat but it's more of a novelty than anything for CC unless you own a Glock 18!    Glock has the .357 Sig though and Taurus doesn't however.  Also, there are a lot more aftermarket goodies for the Glock.  Not to mention it's what all the cool kids are sporting nowadays.  

EDIT:
Oh yeah, Taurus doesn't have a .22 rimfire converion kit either and the glock does.  Just some extra decision making info if that's something you care about.  Also I noticed a couple posts above mine the reference to not having to think twice about the Glocks reliability.  That is utter BS.  I don't care what your shooting or which brand your wearing why would you figure just since you bought "brand X" your GTG for reliability?  A weapon to me isn't GTG untill I've put at least a few hundred rounds through it no matter who made it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#35]
imho taurus doesnt make a good semi. some are good but i hear way to much and having to return them it really comes down to chance. that being said i have heard that there revolvers are pretty good. i think it comes down to what you are willing to pay and yes glocks are like shooting a brick but i have xlg hands so it works for me the new glocks now have adjustable back straps like the xdm
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 1:03:20 PM EDT
[#36]
I am definately no a glock fan what with their heavy trigger pull but i think id suggest getting the glock. I own a PT111 and it really is unreliable only reason i havent traded it in or sent it back for repairs is it is my only handgun at the moment. I think after i get a 1911 imma trade it in for an XD.

But i digress the glock though it does have its problems from time to time i think pale in comparrison to the ones taurus has. do enough searching and youll find less problems with the glock than the taurus. unless of course you're getting a revolver but that is a story for later.
Link Posted: 3/28/2010 10:57:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Taurus doesnt come close to GLOCK  try to do this with a Taurus or an XD for that matter ALL these parts can be bought after market which cant be said for the competitors and all you need is a 3/16 punch.
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn153/Glock-N/106.jpg
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Glock for me. The only Taurus I trust is the PT92.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 8:39:31 PM EDT
[#39]
If there was Glock perfection there wouldn't be the question.
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#40]
I think they are both quality guns, the glocks have a great deal more aftermarket support.  And don't buy the bullshit about a glock being less safe.  Its as safe as any other gun, people just get complacent and then do stupid shit.
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 5:04:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Glock?  Had one for 8 years without any problems.  However I shoot much better with my Sig.  No problems there either.  
Bought a PT145 for my ccw as I liked the way it felt.  The only guns you should buy that you plan on carrying, are ones that you will practice with on a regular basis.
Glock is a better quality gun but I know I won't shoot it as much as I will my Taurus.  Several hundred rounds down range with both ball and hollow point without a single issue.
Keep all of you guns well maintained and practice, practice, practice.  Oh, don't finger fuck the triggers.  Glock is as safe as any of them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 3:10:20 AM EDT
[#42]
PT709 Slim broke after 161 rounds!!!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=26&t=91475&page=1

If you can find an equivalent thread where a Glock broke in under 1000 rounds, then buy the Taurus. If funds are tight, then look for a used Glock. Buyer's market right now in used guns with so many people ditching them to pay bills in this economy. Also, check Summit Gun Brokers and other police surplus sellers for some deals.

Really, it is only your life and family that you're protecting.

Link Posted: 5/13/2010 7:54:46 PM EDT
[#43]
I recently sold my G21SF because I wanted something smaller to carry and I had a G36 which was a POS (not reliable) and I've heard the 30SF also has similar problems that the G36 has...something they did when messing with the frame causes slide lock, FTE, and FTFs.  My G21SF was perfect...never missed a shot, never flinched..it was just a brick to carry...even OWB.  Anyway, having said that, I was torn between getting an EAA Witness P compact in .45..but then for some stupid reason the Taurus 24/7 PRO DS .45 caught my eye...and hey, for $370, why not giver 'er a try???....

It was a POS but after serious magazine "breaking in" and lightly sanding edges of the cheapass follower and lightly sanding the inside of the mag and the lips, and then about 250 rounds (there goes the savings!!) of hollow points which wouldn't feed better than 1 in 4...it's working fine now.  All the apologists at the Taurus forums somehow blamed me, blamed it on this freak of nature gun I got (despite widespread issues of crap workmanship, zero quality inspection, endless threads on their forum with similar issues), or told me to give Taurus' famous lifetime warranty a chance (read: lifetime warranty does NOT equal good customer service..or service at all sometimes).  So since Taurus CS told me to "break in" the gun that shouldn't need it..unless it's not working of course, and since they wouldn't take back my mags, I just tried my best to make them work.

In the end, the mags, including a third I bought, are not feeding several types of JHPs I feed through it.  So far it's had about 100 rounds of JHPs go through without issues..but because of it's initial poor showing, it'll be several hundred more JHPs before I'll actually trust my life with the gun.  I would NEVER say that about ANY Glock..automatically trusting it..same for M&Ps, XDs, and a host of other guns that aren't a coin toss like Taurus.

Short and sweet...the 24/7 is LIGHT YEARS more sexy, more comfortable, more easy to shoot and handle, and is smaller and lighter despite only being short one round compared to the G21sf.  I don't care about the manual safety, but could see it being used when I eventually carry it in SA mode "cocked and locked" as it were.  Also, that SA/DA mode the Taurus has is pretty sweet.  Not sure I trust it because in looking at the action of the gun, it doesn't look very solid.  The sights are crap even compared to the plastic glock sights.  Not having ANY aftermarket parts on the Taurus is a seriously bad thing and should alone sway people from Taurus if not one of the other negatives.

**To the Taurusluver guy, you're full of shit on your BS call that glocks are unsafe compared to the Taurus and that your cop friend says so.  That's some serious BS and you should delete that bogus claim.**
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 4:36:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I am not saying that Taurus are bad guns. I have owned several Taurus during the years and currently have two taurus, however I think the glocks are way better guns - more reliable and durable - specially if you are thinking 9mm.  There is one thing that you have to keep in mind - Remember Black Hawk Down - the scene where the Delta operator has the safety off on his carbine? Well, with glocks your safety is your finger.  The pistol won’t go off unless you pull the trigger, but when you do, always expect it to go bang. If you choose the glock, always keep the gun on a holster that covers the trigger guard, and only put your finger on the trigger when you are lined up with the target.

The Glock trigger safety isn't really a safety; maybe for you but if someone picks up the pistol and pulls the trigger, it goes bang, just like a revolver.  I like the safety lever on the Taurus and some other handguns.  You have to physically flip it off before you can fire.  Ask any cop that had his gun wrenched from him.  Chances are, if the safety lever is on, the perp won't be able to shoot him in the heat of the situation.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 9:34:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Go with the Taurus i have a 24/7 pro DS .45 acp and its great  no probs so far  after 400 rounds,  the safety features alone make it a great buy, you dont even need a trigger lock when transporting it you can just use the taurus safety system. The glocks are one of the least safe firearms on the market right now, i have a family memeber in law enforcement and he has heard of too many "accidental discharges" with glocks, he carrys a 1911.

Lot of idiots in law enforcement if they can't keep their finger off the trigger.  And none of them use Taurus pistols, because they are unreliable.

Link Posted: 12/14/2010 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#46]
I've had a Glock 17 forever (seriously, I've been with a Glock for more of my life than not), in that time i have bought and sold a few Taurus's, currently have a 709.  I like Taurus but, there is no comparison. The dealer that said the Taurus is better probably has more of a mark up on the Taurus than the Glock. Glocks discharge when the trigger is pulled, that are as safe as a revolver unless they were messed with or in the hands of an idiot.
Link Posted: 1/5/2011 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#47]
I have a Tuaurs 24/7 pro 9mm. No issues, and very accurate. Those that say the trigger is heavy and causes inaccuracy - need to get to the range more. To blame the gun and the trigger for your inability to hit the target is both ridiculous and unfair.

Of course Glock fan boys are going to say glock is "better". Glock has been around longer, and law enforcement uses them, they must be better

The 24/7 pro is a great gun, great ergonomics, and nicer looking than any glock Taurus did a fine job with this pistol, it also has an inovative "second strike" capability. Again, of course people with explain away that you don't "need" second strike, cause Glock doesnt' have it Of course you don't "need" it, but it nice that it's there

Don't get my wrong, Glock is a good gun too. Either one will serve you just fine. If you live in a ban state, and you would like more than 10 round mags, then Glock is your choice.
Link Posted: 1/5/2011 9:21:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I've had both.  Liked 24/7 little better.  I have small hand and I could shoot it better.

BUT

now I went back to Ruger P95
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top