Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2008 5:40:01 PM EDT
so i sent in my pt-1911 for a broken ejector .. it took about 5 weeks to get it back and when i did it was a brand new pistol with all assy. with a different Serial # the paper work said new exchange with my old serial # and new one on the paper .. my question is i dont mind the new gun at all since i bought it used and it has had alot of rounds thought . but what happens to my old weapon and now that this # is different is it registered to me ? i have never had this happen before
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 8:46:21 AM EDT
[#1]
in all likelihood, taurus will remanufacture it and sell it.  i would assume that taurus will also file the appropriate paperwork w/ the .gov indicating the swap.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 12:28:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
so i sent in my pt-1911 for a broken ejector .. it took about 5 weeks to get it back and when i did it was a brand new pistol with all assy. with a different Serial # the paper work said new exchange with my old serial # and new one on the paper .. my question is i dont mind the new gun at all since i bought it used and it has had alot of rounds thought . but what happens to my old weapon and now that this # is different is it registered to me ? i have never had this happen before

FL doesn't register handguns.  If ATF ever traced the new gun from Taurus it would come right back to you.  If they trace the old gun to you, you have the paperwork indicating Taurus has it.  If you ever need proof of ownership, you have the documentation from Taurus.  If you lived in a state where there was acutally registration, you would probably need to have had the new gun sent to you via a dealer.  You're all set, don't worry about it.

later,
AJ
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 5:30:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Well at least if I ever have to send in my 9mm I know they'll take care of me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top