Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2007 8:52:28 PM EDT
Anyone got any 24/7's?  I've heard bad things about taurus semi's  and was wondering if there anygood.  I know it recevied gun of the year 2005 but that could just be a sales ploy.  So owners what do you think of your 24/7s?
Link Posted: 1/18/2007 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#1]
A few other people here including myself, have 24/7's.. From what i have read, there  has been great things to be said... accuracy, good feel, quality for the dollar, great reliabilty are just of a few things.. i have a 24/7 .40, i have about 700 rounds fired thru it without one hiccup.. I have had a few high dollar guns, but this is the best one so far..
Link Posted: 1/22/2007 12:58:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I HATE mine.  I have a 24/7 .45 and it SUCKS.  Nothing but problems with it feeding (there is an entire thread of my jamming issues).  I sent it back to Taurus a week or so before Christmas and I'm still waiting to get it back.  I did at least get verification that they do have it.  However, I cannot speak for the 9mm or .40 S&W versions.  I have read nothing but rave reviews on them.  I just should have listened to those with .45 issues.
Link Posted: 1/22/2007 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a .45 a couple of weeks ago and have put over 100 rounds through it without any problems, other then one handload that had not been crimped failing to feed.  I love the feel, accuracy and weight.
Link Posted: 1/22/2007 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I bought a .45 a couple of weeks ago and have put over 100 rounds through it without any problems, other then one handload that had not been crimped failing to feed.  I love the feel, accuracy and weight.

I'm not saying that you will, but I didn't have a problem with my first 100 either.  It came between 200-300.  At it absolute worst by 500.  Maybe I got a lemon, who knows.  But a serious disapointment considering I LOVED how the gun felt in my hand.  I also really like the Heinie Straight 8 Sites.  It was also damn accurate.  But to me, more then 1 failure per mag is not something I'm going to trust my life with.  Sorry if I appear to be attacking Taurus and 24/7's but I got a USED sig that has been flawless. I've probably put over 1,000 rounds through a used gun with out a failure.  I just hope my 24/7 comes back healthy!
Link Posted: 1/28/2007 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#5]
i have one in 9mm and i like it , it fits my hand comfortably, easy to carry , affordable and never any problems.
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I love my 24/7 Pro in 9mm.

Very accurate, very reliable and I have yet to hold a pistol that feels better in my hand.
Link Posted: 2/4/2007 10:09:18 PM EDT
[#7]
if you go to the taurus website there are several new videos on there where they are featuring the new 24/7 pro, dick metcalf to be exact, and at the end of the video he says that he has a total 4000rds through, a 24/7 pro 9mm, .40, .45 and a pt 111. even at 1000rds a piece that sounds pretty good to me. the more i read about the pro in 9mm the more i want one.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2007 7:26:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a 24/7 Pro 9mm.  I have to say that I have had a few problems with it.  The first time that I took it out to the range the day started off well, but ended on a sour note.  Here is the details:  Brand new out of the box, never even disassembled or cleaned.  First 100 rounds of WWB no problems.  Next 200 rounds with my wife shooting probably jammed every 3rd round.  I took it back for the next box of WWB and I had a problem with it jamming and the slide not catching open after the last round.  Needless to say I was getting pretty upset because I had read about the problems with .45's not loading correctly, but not the 9mm's.  Well, I decided that the gun may have just needed to be cleaned well and the slide might have been tight since it was still brand new.  So, I took the gun home and cleaned it up really well making sure I lubed the slide really well.  Then I took it back out to the range.  I shot 400 rounds through it of Remington, Monarch and Winchester WB seeing if I like one better than any of the others...well, not a single jam and I love the way it shoots.

The grip is amazing (the main reason I bought this gun), the sight is awesome, and the accuracy is unbelievable.  I was shooting a friend of mine's XD-9 prior to this gun, and although I really like that gun this IMO is by far a better deal...~$150 cheaper, more accurate, and more comfortable.  I wouldn't trade my 24/7 Pro 9mm for anything...I enjoy it everytime I take it out, which will hopefully be tomorrow if the weather holds out.

Thanks,

Chris
Link Posted: 2/12/2007 6:03:17 AM EDT
[#9]
i love my 9mm, i have put over 3000 rounds (99%have been WWB) down range with it, and one miss fire!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 7:41:08 PM EDT
[#10]
On Personal Defense TV the other night they had a little segment with Metcalf talking about the Taurus pistols. He said he's put 40,000rds through the four not 4,000, that ain't bad.
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#11]
a buddy of mine bought one last year. We took it to the range and it shot a foot low from point of aim. I turned it side ways to see if it was the site, and it moved a foot over to the right. Sent it back to Taurus, and they replaced the barrel.
Seems to shoot well now. I hate the trigger pull, but he finds it okay. Very long take up.
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 10:32:12 AM EDT
[#12]
The FEB American Rifleman has an article on the 24/7 OSS DS,
developed for the now-postponed U.S. military search for a 'new' .45acp.
Although I don't know how bia$ed they are, it's a pretty good article and
praises the pistol.  You may be able to read it online.

Overall, the article got me thinking it might be a nice addition to the family.  
(and much cheaper than the HK and Kimber I wants)

eta:  with regard to the long 'take up', the 24/7 is double action only.
the 24/7 oss ds is DA/SA with (supposedly) short reset
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#13]
After sending mine back 3 times they finally gave me a new (different anyways) one.  I would not bet my life on it.  It's got its place on the range plinking but if you are looking for a personal protection gun I would spend the extra $100 on a Glock.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:58:53 AM EDT
[#14]

eta: with regard to the long 'take up', the 24/7 is double action only.

Please do not post false information.

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=149&category=Pistol

All the new ones are the SA/DA/restrike.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#15]
One of my buddies has the 45 and he had problems chambering the round.  This was happening for one or two rounds every magazine.  I tried for about 4-5 mags and did not have any problems with it.  It turns out that he just needed to adjust his grip on it and hold it tighter. After that, he did not have any problems whatsoever.  This may be one of the problems some of the other people may have had and are blaming the gun.  maybe it was just my limp wristed friend...
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

eta: with regard to the long 'take up', the 24/7 is double action only.

Please do not post false information.

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=149&category=Pistol

All the new ones are the SA/DA/restrike.

I stand corrected.  I meant to say, "The 24/7 is a double-action only, striker-fired, polymer-frame pistol.",
which may be why Andrewh's buddy's pistol had a 'long takeup'.
You are absolutely right about all the new ones.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:42:00 PM EDT
[#17]
That came off a little cattier than I intended.

I never even knew they made a DAO 24/7

I've never seen one in person, seen plenty of the DAO PT111's though.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 9:54:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Anybody know when the new 24-7 OSS is due?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top