Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 1:47:14 PM EDT
Have heard that this 9 MM is as good as the Berettas the Army went with.  (I preferred by old .45 but thats not my question or comment.)  Does anyone feel that someone with smaller hands would be better off with a different 9mm ?  (Thinking about this firearm mostly for my wife.- I don't know if she will take to my Springfield .45 much.)
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:18:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I have small hands.  The Beretta/Taurus 9`s are a little thick for me.  Putting thin Houge grips on my Taurus helped a bit.  The Browning HP & some of the CZ pistols fit small hands better.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:01:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.  Pardon my ignorance, but would the Browning HP be a 1911 style like my Springfield mil spec .45 which I absolutely and unconditionally love ?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:58:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for the replies.  Pardon my ignorance, but would the Browning HP be a 1911 style like my Springfield mil spec .45 which I absolutely and unconditionally love ?

It is a single action, like your 1911, however the trigger is not the same and there is a lot of takeup, and a gritty, heavy pull due to the magazine safety installed.  My FN HP had a very good trigger after I removed the mag safety, but still a lot of takeup.  They are fine pistols, nonetheless, and I love the feel of my FN.

Brief history is here:
world.guns.ru/handguns/hg17-e.htm

CDNN Investments selling FN made HPs here, only $400!(must download the catalog):
www.cdnninvestments.com/

Here is what the FN/Browning models look like(FN has different grips):
world.guns.ru/handguns/browning_hp_2.jpg

Enjoy!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top