Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2004 3:15:27 PM EDT
Any body had any experience with the 24/7 yet?
I got to fondle two Saturday. A 9mm and a 40s&w. Really nice guns.
Grip felt great on it. $360 brand new either caliber.
Never had a taurus auto so I'm just curious of anyones thoughts on them.

edited because I can't spell.
Link Posted: 12/5/2004 11:19:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the looks, and I like the price, but I've never shot one....

hhhmm... two shows in two weekends... I think I'll go play with one!

-Jason
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#2]
well, IMHO, i own a Taurus PT99 AF... and it shoots very very well... the only problem i had with it was with an aftermarket magazine that did not feed well... i chucked it and bought another factory and never had a problem since... and if it feels right in your hand, then it must be good...
I think Taurus makes a heck of pistol...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/badroc/RRA1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/badroc/PT993.jpg
Link Posted: 12/15/2004 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Got the 9mm 24/7 a while ago, but haven't shot it yet.  It feels Russian -- i.e., fit and finish a bit crude, but seems solid overall and probably does its job well enough.  It came with one 10-round mag, and I've had a hard time finding extra ones.  I immediately mailed in the form for the free 17-round mag as per their offer, but it's been two months and nothing yet.
Link Posted: 12/15/2004 9:56:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I think Taurus makes a heck of pistol...

+1
Link Posted: 12/15/2004 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a PT-145 and had a problem that might also be a problem with the 24/7 since they seem like a similar design. After maybe 200-300 rounds the trigger broke. This was the part of the trigger where the it pivited on a pin I dont know what the hell that would be called. When I took it apart and looked at it it seemed like the plastic they used was brittle or something because it had a rough break kinda like if you were to break carbon steel. The only thing I could think of was it was cold when we were shooting maybe 15-20 degrees. I shipped the gun off to Taurus and they repaired it with out any problems but did take a while to get it back.
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 7:51:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I just picked up the 9mm with the SS slide. Hopefully will shoot it this weekend. Felt alot better than the G19 I was also considering.
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 8:43:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Let us know how it does.
W50G
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the 9 and just called about the mag and the lady said sorry but we will ship it this week and I was like well took long enough, nice gun but my S & W shoots better.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Finally got out to the range. Shoots very nice. The gun is not the limiting factor in my groups. I was spending a lot of time helping my son (he's 6 and just starting to shoot .22 and bb guns) so I didn't get to shoot it as much as I wanted but I am pleased.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top