Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2010 7:20:26 PM EDT
I was looking at an ad for a Safari Land #328 synthetic holster. These holsters are leather lined and are supposed " look and perform just like their Leather counterparts and they resist wear much better than leather". I generally prefer leather holsters, but I could see some benefit to the synthetic shell. I was wondering if anybody here as any experience with these holsters that they could share. Are they really as good as they sound?

From Cop's Plus:
This Safariland holster is ideal if top strap holsters are needed or required by your police department. This re-engineered Safariland holster features an optional 3-slot angle adjustment to supply you with a quick and convenient way to alter its carrying cant as your body changes positions. In addition, this Safariland holster has a 1.75" belt loop design which provides firmer attachment for enhanced stability and draw. For added comfort the Safariland model 328 panckae holster is suede lined and custom formed, while its Safari-Laminate construction ensures lasting durability. The Safariland holster model 328 is available for pistols and revolvers. Known around the world for their law enforcement products, they have taking the knowledge gained and begun manufacturing Safariland holsters and accessories for the civilian market.

(sellers picture)
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The description mentions that its Safari-Laminate, which is what most of Safariland's holsters are constructed of. Usually a thin layer of kydex sandwiched in between a suede interior and a faux leather exterior. It should be G2G.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top