Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2010 12:08:41 PM EDT
I am looking at picking up an OWB holster. I am trying to make a decision between the Safariland 6325 and the 6377. I am leaning towards the 6377 since I will most usually be carrying for normal CCW. I would like the option of the 1.5" drop/offset because I think that might fight my body mechanics better and may work better while wearing other gear.

Does Safariland sell the drop kit seperatly?

Does anyone have any experience with either, or with the ALS system in general?

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The belt loop on the 6377 is going to keep the holster closer to your body. The 1.5" drop UBL (and the regular mid-ride UBL) are heavy duty, thick plastic, and will cause the holster to stick out a good 1/4"-1/2" farther. You will also have to wear a longer coat or parka with the 6325 w/ drop UBL, so you won't be able to carry under a lot of circumstances. It drops the holster quite a bit.

In short, the UBL is designed for open carry by uniformed cops. The 6377 is designed for concealed carry. IIRC you can order the UBL separately.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Just an FYI,

The holster sticks out quite a bit. I have had both. I currently have the 6325 which is just the duty belt version of the 6377. I have the standard belt mount attachment and cannot even use it for plain clothes (concealed) carry. It's great for open carry when I'm in plain clothes, gun/badge exposed, but I carry in a Raven when trying to conceal my P2000. I love the holster, don't get me wrong. I'm trying to convert everyone I work with to get the 6325 for a duty holster due to the ease of drawing and it's excellent lock up, but it and the 6377 is not intended as a concealed carry holster IMO.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:05:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. That was pretty much what I expected to hear. I guess the only real reason i'd want to try the drop would be if i took a carbine class and was wearing a chest rig or vest.

Does anyone have a link or part code for the UBL seperate, I can't find it on their website, but if it is cheap enough I might pick it up just to try.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks guys. That was pretty much what I expected to hear. I guess the only real reason i'd want to try the drop would be if i took a carbine class and was wearing a chest rig or vest.

Does anyone have a link or part code for the UBL seperate, I can't find it on their website, but if it is cheap enough I might pick it up just to try.

Here's the page with all of the accessories: Here The drop leg shrouds are on there, but the UBL isn't.

If you click on the Price List link, you'll find the 1.5" drop UBL on page 2. The part number is 6075UBL, and the listed price is $20.00.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:30:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Awesome! Thanks alot.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:57:59 PM EDT
[#6]
No experience with the 6325, but I do open carry with the 6377. Great little holster. The ALS system works great. It locks up nice and tight, yet it is very easy and intuitive to draw from. You'll like it.

I do find it a tad bulky to conceal (not that I can CCW here anyways, but I do wear it around the house). Like one other poster commented, it's not really designed for CCW. You'd need to be wearing a pretty good cover garment (probably some sort of big jacket) to successfully CCW it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 8:52:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No experience with the 6325, but I do open carry with the 6377. Great little holster. The ALS system works great. It locks up nice and tight, yet it is very easy and intuitive to draw from. You'll like it.

I do find it a tad bulky to conceal (not that I can CCW here anyways, but I do wear it around the house). Like one other poster commented, it's not really designed for CCW. You'd need to be wearing a pretty good cover garment (probably some sort of big jacket) to successfully CCW it.

Great! Thanks for the input.

When I said CCW, I meant alittle Less-Concealed Carry. I have an IWB that works great for keeping the pistol underwraps in my summer clothes. I just didn't want to get this thread onto OC vs CC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top