Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 6:32:54 AM EDT
I just purchased a desantis S.O.B. Holster for my Taurus pt140 along with the double mag pouch.   It LOOKED to be quality and desantis having a good rep from what i read about the company i felt ok about spending the $$ for it. When I got it home had to try it around the house for a bit and Finger F#?K it for a while. I had it on maybe 20 minutes or so when the Double mag pouch came undone... The problem is one of the snaps is bent or misshapen and dosen't lock. When the smallest bit of pressure is put on one of the snaps it comes open.

The other snap locks firmly....how you would expect it to...
I fig no problem i will just call Desantis and return this one or have them ship me out another... whatever they wanted to do to make it right....

Well make it right is something their customer service dosen't kow how to do..

Upon calling Desantis customer service pick up quick i explaned my problem to the girl on the other line she said no problem i can just ship it back to her.
I pay for shipping and to have it repaired???? WTF... dont worry not much money like 20.00 even thought i bought it for 36 something at cabelas they need 20.00 to fix it AND I DIDN'T EVEN BREAK IT.

I reexplained that i just bought it it was no more then 1 hour old and why should i have to pay for a repair to something i just bought...???

She explained that since i didn't buy directly from them they charge to have anything fixed.. Even though they have a warranty.. it only extends if you bought it DIRECTLY FROM THEM.

-OR-

I would have to drive 2 hours back to the store (Cabelas) and have them ship it out if i didn't want to pay. I told her i could provide a reciept or anything else that she needed for proof of purchase and that the store was far away. She told me that the reciept was not good enough and that i should have bought it closer to home  Or throught them online....  Then i would have no problem returning it..

I tried everything to tell her as to why they should stand behind their product. She didn't want to hear it and told me that if i don't want to pay she cant help me.. I explained about me never buying something from their company again and the bad feedback online she said that if i can't adhear to their policy i shouldn't be one of their customers....

Where is this policy stated?

While i cannot find their policy i believe i know how it goes....

If you buy a defective product from Desantis you should like it, even though it is broke, or return it and pay for us to fix our mistakes. If you don't like either of these options shop elsewhere.

Great Customer Service!!!! Totally ignorant...

That about sums it up...

Thank Goodness Cabelas has Great customer service and will exchange it W/o question... Whenever i get ther again......
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:48:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Dude..sorry to hear about your experience. THAT Sir is CRAP. I've been very happy with DeSantis, but to each his own.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:59:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Deal with Cabelas. They will straighten it out. They may provide shipping too.

-JC
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:14:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow, that sucks!  Must be a new policy for Desantis as I've had outstanding customer service from them in the past.  Many moons ago I bought a Desantis pancake style holster for a S&W N frame revolver from a local dealer.  I used it for many years and one day the retention snap broke.  I contacted Desantis and shipped it back to them (on my dime) with a note to contact me for the repair cost.  A couple days later I get the holster back by Federal Express repaired at no charge.  I was quite impressed to say the least.  It is disheartening to hear that the excellent level of customer service I experienced is no more.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:26:32 AM EDT
[#4]
That sucks; I'd contact Cabelas and explain the way Desantis treated you.

Cabelas has a lot more leverage than you do when dealing with their vendors; I'll bet Cabelas will help you out.

If they don't you should post that here as well.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:14:36 AM EDT
[#5]
i'll just go to cabelas and exchange it... they have GOOD customer service......considering what i spend there

i have returned stuff to cabelas before  they accept it back w/o question......as long as you have ID absolutly MUST HAVE ID they will not take it back with out it.  I saw some guy infront of me not have his DL they wouldn't take back a jacket.  He agrued and said he didn't need his DL to buy it... they didn't take it back.

BUT....
they did take back my butler creek 10/22 mag that i dropped  (loaded) it broke into 4 pieces They told me they were sorry and that i could go get another one from the shelf and exchange it

That is why i shop there...

UPDATE:
i decided to call back They restated their "POLICY" i asked to speak with a mgr. i think they gave me to the lady i spoke with 1st this morning... I was going to go to cabelas and exchange it with another... but now i think the whole thing is going back pistol holster and mag pouch alike... Desantis can Kiss My @$$.
I am normally great with customer service ppl always get what i want and more but they don't even want to hear any reason at DeSantis.

I returned a crimson trace grip i bought on another forum used.... didn't work.... called Crimson Trace They sent me a new.. even upgraded me to the lg385 grip (extended rubber overmolded) from the lg185. And they had it here B4 i sent the other one out....2 days..

Now there is a good company with great customer service.... and B/c of that i now have one on my taurus 85 , my 1911, and a laser guard setup for my glock.

My brother also got one for his ar...
Good customer service means a lot..... I spend my $$$ where they are appreciated..

If Desantis would have said no problem i'll get you one right out and just put the other one in the box and send back i would have been satisfied.

But now i will never purchase any of their products again.
And make it my duty to make sure no one (even the random guy next to me in an asile looking at one) buys any of their products.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Just take it back to Cabelas,for a refund or exchange!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:38:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Are you sure the snap isn't a one-way snap? All of my holsters have them. They ensure the belt loops don't come unsnapped. They have to be snapped on and off one way only. If the female part of the snap is the one that appears bent, most likely that;'s what you have.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Not to be a nay sayer, but I think there is more to this than meets the eye.  I've bought from DeSantis for a decade or so now.  I've had them replace things "I" screwed up.  

But as was mentioned before, talk to Cabela's.  They are also a pretty good bunch to deal with.

As to $20 for shipping, the only one ripping you off is the shipping company.  I use Fedex and UPS frequently, and the price you quoted is way out there for an item this size and weight.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:46:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not to be a nay sayer, but I think there is more to this than meets the eye.  I've bought from DeSantis for a decade or so now.  I've had them replace things "I" screwed up.  

But as was mentioned before, talk to Cabela's.  They are also a pretty good bunch to deal with.

As to $20 for shipping, the only one ripping you off is the shipping company.  I use Fedex and UPS frequently, and the price you quoted is way out there for an item this size and weight.

One of the magazines which I received free from Smith and Wesson as part of a promotion was defective; 100% failure to feed so I called S&W and they e-mailed me a free UPS shipping label within 24 hours so I could return the magazine at their expense for replacement.

That's customer service; Desantis should have picked up the 2 way cost of shipping as well, since it accounted for a significant fraction of the purchase price and they certainly shouldn't have tried to add anything onto the shipping fee for the repair of a new item.

I appreciate it when member here make me aware of customer service problems they've encountered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top