Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2009 12:59:03 PM EDT
I have a springfield lightweight commander that I need an IWB for.

I also have a XD9 sub compact I would like an IWB

I need ideas, what works best, lightweight, comfortable with just a t-shirt and shorts on, or jeans an a t-shirt as that is what I typically wear.

something under $75 preferred but open to others
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#1]
crossbreed supertuck.
I generally carry a full size 1911 with that holster, good belt, and t-shirt and shorts.

The only other one I have heard about, but not tried is like a c tac and mtac. It is my understanding you can order extra shells, so you don't have to buy a whole new holster.

I own two supertucks though. one for each type of gun I own.
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 1:15:09 PM EDT
[#2]
It may be on the more expensive side of your budget but you should really take a good look at a comp-tac MTAC.  I recomend them to everyone who carries IWB.  The thing i love about them is that you can order a seperate kydex shell for every handgun you own and they are only 35 dollars a piece.  The actual holster runs around 80 buck but the fit,finish,and overall quality of work are exceptional IMO.  Lots of people rave about them on here.  I bought one a year ago and havent looked at another holster since.
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn beat me to it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Damn beat me to it.

+1

Link Posted: 7/8/2009 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm also a Comp-Tac fan, but I use an Infidel or CTAC for 1911's and Glocks.  I highly recommend both.  That said, I just started looking at FIST kydex holsters, and they are very nice for the money, much thinner than other kydex holsters.
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 3:23:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Comp-tac M-tac for sure,
there are days I forget I am even wearing it.

Natron
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 3:29:56 AM EDT
[#7]
just a t-shirt and shorts on,

SmartCarry.
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 6:13:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Get a Versa Max II.
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 6:55:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

just a t-shirt and shorts on,

SmartCarry.

that is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen.

Link Posted: 7/9/2009 10:08:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It may be on the more expensive side of your budget but you should really take a good look at a comp-tac MTAC.  I recomend them to everyone who carries IWB.  The thing i love about them is that you can order a seperate kydex shell for every handgun you own and they are only 35 dollars a piece.  The actual holster runs around 80 buck but the fit,finish,and overall quality of work are exceptional IMO.  Lots of people rave about them on here.  I bought one a year ago and havent looked at another holster since.

I didn't know you could order other kydex for other guns, thanks for the info.

M-tac all the way, I have tried many of the big name holsters and the M-tac is the most comfortable for me.
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#11]
looks like I found what I need.  arfcom member for a custome made deal....I can't wait to get it!
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:06:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Comp-tac M-tac for sure,
there are days I forget I am even wearing it.

Natron

Aint that the truth...and you can buy different kydex shells for your different guns.  My primary carry is my G19, but also have the capability for my 1911 Colt if im feeling spunky.
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 6:01:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Crossbreed Super Tuck in horsehide.

With just a tee shirt and shorts you won't even realize that you are carrying and neither will anyone else.

Nothing molds to your body like a Super Tuck and the weight disribution and stability is second to none.

If you're out in the heat and perspire a lot, the horsehide option works very well to keep moisture from penetrating to your gun.

But as for a belt; I'd recommend a 1 1/2" Comp Tac reinforced contour belt over a Crossbreed belt.
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 9:16:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm going into my 3rd year on my MTAC.  Carried anything from a G26 to a G21SF (w/ Picatinny rail, no less), as well as a 1911.  Just plain works.
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Galco underwraps bellyband, but you are going to have to make a committment to being uncomfortable the first week or two you wear, it, then you will hardly notice it, the peole who try and abandon those are usually the ones who wear it two or three times and decide it is uncomfortable, once you master it however, you can carry in swimtrunks if you want to...
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 6:39:10 AM EDT
[#16]
MTAC
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't know if you've already found a holster, but you should check out the holsters from Carry Options. Casey, who is ROOFTOP-SPECIAL here, makes them out of kydex and they are really great. Shoot him an IM and he'll send you some info.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:54:56 AM EDT
[#18]
I carry my SA lightweight commander in a Tuck Clip from Side Guard Holsters. It was cheap, quick, well made and local.

Here it is installed. Kahkis and a dress shirt, but I wear it with jeans/shorts/longer tshirts just fine.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 10:30:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I hate having kydex against my skin and they just add to much bulk, I really like the Galco suede inside the pants holsters very comfortable. I also like Glocks with clipdraws and before anyone starts bashing i'm going on 10 years with one on a 19 no problems daily carry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top