Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:17:00 AM EDT
Right now the only holsters that I have are the XD gear holster and the Fobus paddle hoslter.

And since I do not have something smaller to carry I am carrying the XD.

I am looking to get a holster for inside the pants. My local gun shop has a Uncle Mikes cloth holster, and he also has a leather holster. They are both the same price.

I am not sure how either will hold up better, and also treat the handgun better.

Should I get the cloth or the leather?

Thank you,

StagPower
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out Crossbread Holsters
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 2:47:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, Thank you,

StagPower
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 7:20:00 AM EDT
[#3]
get a blade tech or comp tach. I ahve a comptac for my Xd and it is great.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#4]
When using my PA permit out of state in states that accept it I use Don Hume clip IWB holsters for 3 of my pistols. A PF-9, XD Sub-Compact and Kimber UC II. They work for me and are quite inexpensive but made well. They also easily come off if needed. Some people don't like them because of cant but it always stay put for me. They make them with or without a top strap also.

Not my picture but has the same Kimber I have in it:

Here is the strap type:
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 8:08:19 AM EDT
[#5]
DeSantis SuperFly works great for my XD9sc.  Doesn't move around at all and the extra flap works great to prevent printing on certain pants, while I remove it on others.

It isn't leather, so I'm sure it's harsh on the finish, but I don't care too much about that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#6]
The standard Answer for this question is the Comp-Tac CTAC or MTAC.

CTAC

MTAC

Do NOT purchase an Uncle Mike's or anything that is even close to the same price.  Good holsters cost more than that.  You'll end up spending more that way than if you just 'do it right the first time.

(That said, I don't have a Comp-Tac holster for my XD, but my manufacturer is out of business....)
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 9:50:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Crap...I misunderstood inside the pants as inside the pocket ;)

I'd agree with the CTAC or MTAC as good choices.  I'm currently eying the Tucker Gunleather kydex/leather hybrid holsters for IWB as I hear good things about them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 12:00:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Milt sparks watch six holster is the most comfortable IWB holster i have ever used.  Only you will have to wait about 24 weeks to get one,  so you better put your order in now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#9]
comptac MTAC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top