Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2008 10:14:51 AM EDT
Today while getting ready, I noticed that I managed to break my Supertuck. Cracked it right along the edge almost all the way down. So now I am in need of a replacement. The Crossbreed was a very comfortable holster and I had bought it prior to the MTAC coming out. I also own the CTAC, which I love. Though it is not nearly as comfortable as the Crossbreed with the leather backing.

My question to everyone, specifically anyone that has ran both, which do you prefer? The MTAC or the Supertuck?
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 1:53:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I prefer the MTAC myself.  In fact, I gave mine to my son who just bought a new Kimber SIS and I just finished ordering another new MTAC just 5 mins ago on their website.  

I've used a Tucker "The Answer" and like the MTAC better.  YMMV.

Link Posted: 7/10/2008 8:34:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Never used the MTAC, but I just wanted to point out that your Crossbreed is under a lifetime warranty.  Call them up and they should replace it for you.  Even if you decide to go with another holster, at least that one will be fixed in case you need it, or decide to sell it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both and never even look at the supertuck anymore. MTAC all the way for me.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 5:45:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a friend with both. I tried them each for a day and bought the crossbreed.

Not that I'm not a M-TAC hater.  I can see why people with a different body style than me would love them.  It was just the "little things" that made me pic the Crossbreed.

Can't go WRONG with either of them, but you'll probably thing one is a little more comfortable than the other.

But like was said... either way.... Have your existing holster fixed if you can.
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 2:34:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have a friend with both. I tried them each for a day and bought the crossbreed.

Not that I'm not a M-TAC hater.  I can see why people with a different body style than me would love them.  It was just the "little things" that made me pic the Crossbreed.

Can't go WRONG with either of them, but you'll probably thing one is a little more comfortable than the other.

But like was said... either way.... Have your existing holster fixed if you can.

I ended up going with the MTAC and it has been great. I think its an improvement over the Crossbreed.
Unfortunately, I doubt the Crossbreed can be fixed. I cracked it all the way down the body along where the channel is for the sights.
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 2:56:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Your Crossbreed has a lifetime warrenty. I would get in touch with him.

I like mine and have had no issues with it.

Kent
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 5:03:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, it it can't be fixed, it CAN be Replaced.

give them a call.  I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Link Posted: 7/24/2008 5:06:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Honestly, it never occurred to me that there was a warranty on the Crossbreed. I will get in touch with them and see what they can do for me. Thanks for mentioning it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 1:45:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Just as an update, for anyone that cares, I received my fully repaired Supertuck today. They replaced the body, put new clips on and sent it back within about a week and a half to two weeks. Always nice to see a company stand behind their work and handle repairs with very minimal hassle on the consumers end.
Link Posted: 8/27/2008 5:45:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Sure we care.

Congrats.
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Really thinking of buying a Supertuck for my 1911. I don't really tuck in my shirt, but want something with solid support to use in place of my current holster. What about the MTAC, though? Pros and Cons?
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#12]
comparable...but i prefer the better quality on the MTAC myself
Link Posted: 10/24/2008 5:37:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Just on a related note:
I now have an MTAC for my commander-length 1911.  so now I too own both.

After some extended fidgetting with the MTAC I have been able to adjust it to be just as comfortable as my supertuck.  for me, it needs to be adjusted differently than the crossbreed,  but once I found the right settings for each, it's pretty darned hard to choose.

since my supertuck and my MTAC are for different guns (my crossbreed is for my officers' length 1911) THAT's the only way I can choose between them - by which gun I am carrying.

I'm pretty sure the next thing I'm going to do is put different sized belt clips on one and let my choice of belt that day be the determining factor.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top