Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2008 4:30:41 PM EDT
Ok, so I am working full-time law enforcment this summer and I am looking for an in between holster.

On duty I carry my Glock 22 in a Safariland Rapter holster (which is fookin awesome), and off duty I carrry a Smith J-Frame or an HK P7 in a pocket holster or a Smart Carry.

What I need is something that I can use on less formal call-outs, during search and rescue operations, training, etc.

What would be the best holster to use?  I am thinking I should have something for retention because of my reasons, and for SAR would probably also use a pistol leash as well.  For non-retention I would probably go with comp-tac but what is a good retention holster???

Thanks for your help!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I would try either a Blackhawk Serpa or a Safariland 6377 with the ALS.
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would try either a Blackhawk Serpa or a Safariland 6377 with the ALS.

Thank you!  I will have to look into those.  Seems the price is around the same with both holsters.

Ideally I would like to find a good looking retention holster for my USP .45 Tactical but I have been able to find anything, yet.
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 8:12:22 PM EDT
[#3]
An ALS equpped Safariland, or one of their concealable belt holsters that uses the SLS so you are able to use the same method of draw for both.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:57:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I would recommend the BlackHawk Serpa Level 2. BlackHawk includes both the belt & paddle attachments. I use a Serpa Level 2 every day and love it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Blackhawk Serpa CQC (level 2)
I fucking love mine.
Link Posted: 9/15/2008 3:49:26 PM EDT
[#6]
just jumping in ;)

i noticed no one recommended a g-code rti. any particular reasons why?

im looking into getting one myself, not for duty work though, just serious practical shooting :)

Link Posted: 9/16/2008 9:53:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Let me restate my opinion with better reasoning.

The SERPA might be a fantastic holster, but since you carry a SLS Safariland on duty, you probably should carry a similar one for the times you mentioned.  You don't want to have to train on two completely separate methods of draw.  It'll slow you down quite a bit if you have to think about which holster you have on and the draw method.  I assume that you're pretty used to the SLS, so if you have a SERPA on your thumb will probably be trying to rotate the hood instead of your finger hitting the release.  It's all about muscle memory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top