Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2006 8:07:36 PM EDT
Just went to my gun shop today, i've been looking into some high quality optics for my new scope mount, but i've gotten completely different answers each time i've asked someone.

Today, i got this Burris "XTS-135" "Extreme Tactical Speed-dot" red-dot pushed one me. Looks basically like an aimpoint spinoff, but for 30% less cash.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/images/tacticalspeeddot.gif

At a first glance, it looks high quality. Uses standard coin cell batteries, comes with flip up lens caps, and has a 30mm tube. It has a 3 MOA dot, which is far too small for practical use on a handgun (IMO) and the image was quite dark... even worse than my Tasco $50 POS that im trying to replace (bad double-dot, not parralax corrected... or enough to be useful, heavy, large, high optical axis) But i find it hard to pay up almost $400 Canadian for it. Anybody have any experiance with these things? i cant see paying 400 on an optic that wont perform any (or much) better than what i have right now.

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/2932/hkmark230041ra.jpg

So as you can see, i need something a little better, lower profile.

What kind of red-dot/holosight would you guys recommend for a handgun?

It doesn't have to be invincible, as the scope is mounted off the frame. I would prefer a dot size of over 5MOA (i might consider the 4MOA aimpoint) and something low profile would be much nicer for different range shooting. Im not afraid of paying the high price of an aimpoint, but i want something high quality, and USEABLE!

Any input would be awesome!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Anybody? Any of you Open Class IPSC guys?
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#2]
try to find a j-point if you must have a red dot. do you have a sling too? that's got to be heavy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:08:40 PM EDT
[#3]
naa, im gonna try to fit the HK shock absorbing tri-pod to it, that'll be a little easier on me I talked to Docter Optics, and they gave me a name and number for their Canadian disrtibutor. Since im willing to pay for a good optic, is the J-point any worse or better than the Docter (price aside)?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top